Visual Studio Tips & Tricks Competition
You could win a Zune® HD
Create a VS2010 tip or trick and the highest rated wins!
With the release of Visual Studio 2010 we've decided to release a VS2010 Tips & Tricks competition! Tips & Tricks are small coding marvels you wanted to share aren't big enough to justify a full article. Post a coding tip or trick that specifically uses Visual Studio 2010, and the highest rated wins!
Post your tip or trick and you not only help your fellow developers but you earn points for yourself that count towards your overall reputation.
The contest begins April 19th, and runs until May 11th
- Click here to download your trial of VS2010
- Create a helpful code tip or trick that utilizes specifically Visual Studio 2010
- Post it in our new Tips & Tricks section here.
At the end of the contest, we will choose from the highest rated VS2010 Tips & Tricks and choose a winner, who will receive a new Zune® HD!
What You Could Win
- 16 gigabytes (GB)
- Music, up to 33 hours (wireless off); video, up to 8.5 hours
- Charge Time: Approximately three hours when connected to your PC; approximately two hours with A/C adapter
- 3.3-inch OLED color display, 16:9 aspect ratio
- 802.11b/g compatible
- HDMI or Composite (requires additional dock, sold separately)
Prizes will be awarded to the top VS2010 tip or trick based
on member voting and the Code Project judges’ final selection.
- Tip & Tricks must
follow the guidelines listed above.
- The tip or trick must be specific to Visual Studio 2010.
- No cheating, lying, stealing code, swashbuckling, or biting.
- The judges’
decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Only those who
live in jurisdictions in which this contest is legal may enter.
- Any breach of
the rules and the prize will be awarded to the runner up.
- By entering
the contest you agree to the rules, conditions of entry, and agree that
your name, member profile information, article, code and any other
submitted material can be used for promotional purposes by The Code
entering your tip or trick in the contest you agree that The Code Project can link to your tip or trick and all accompanying data or information for
Zune is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
Conditions of Entry
Current winners list
Understanding character encoding with the help of simple examples
Why TDD makes me a happy developer
Telemetry client software for an amateur UAV project which displays data in real-time and also for offline usage
A close look at some powerful features of C# that are less known but sometimes come in very handy.
This article will guide you step by step to write good software every time.
How to not damage yourself when using inheritance.