Windows Phone 7 Competition
You could win an HTC SurroundTM or an Ultra Light Laptop!
Write a Windows® Phone 7 article or share a Windows® Phone 7 app.
If you've started developing for Windows® Phone 7 and want to share your experience with fellow developers you could win an HTC 7
Surround or an Ultralight Laptop! Not only will you help your fellow developers but you will gain notoriety as a Windows® Phone 7
development guru to our 7 million plus members.
The contest begins November 11th 2010 and runs until March 31st 2011.
Please vote for and view the application demo videos!
1. A New Way to Win - Demo Your App
Create and app and e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with a link
to download your demo video, include a deeplink to your application in Marketplace and you will be automatically entered in to win an additional prize*
- Entrants will be posted to our YouTube channel
- Note: Please use .AVI, .MOV, or .MPG file format. MPEG4 (Divx, Xvid) 320x420 resolution and 30 FPS work best.
- Here’s another way to win big! Include a deeplink to your application in Marketplace and you will be automatically entered in to win an additional prize*
*A Windows Phone 7 deeplink points users directly to your application details page on Marketplace client, or the Marketplace on-device client. Deeplinking to the Marketplace website is perfect telling users how to find your Windows Phone 7 apps. Join the free Windows Phone 7 Developer Marketplace Program and successfully publish two Windows Phone 7 apps by December 31, 2010 and you could be eligible to get your $99 Marketplace fee refunded! In addition, the Windows Phone 7 Developer Program provides an easy development roadmap, technical trainings, 1-to-1 expert technical support, and marketing and monetization benefits. Join now! If you don’t have a deeplink because you have not submitted your application into marketplace, include in your e-mail to email@example.com "Deeplink Sweeps entry" in place of a deeplink for one entry into the sweepstakes.
What You Could Win
ASUS UL30VT-X1K Laptop with Kindle!
- 1.3GHz Intel SU7300 Core 2 Duo Processor
- Kindle for PC pre-loaded
- 4GB of DDR3 RAM
- 500GB SATA Hard Drive
- NVidia G210M Graphics with 512MB DDR3 + Intel GMA 4500MHD
- Contest Period Nov-Jan: Ultr-Light Laptop
- Contest Period Jan-Mar: Ultr-Light Laptop
The two ultralight laptops will be awarded to the top Windows® Phone 7 apps submitted based on YouTube votes, and the
Code Project judges final selection. A reasonable US$ equivalent in lieu of the prize may also be awarded.
2. A Code Project Post - Write an Article
- Share your article!
- What qualifies?
- A Windows® Phone 7 article that is a tutorial or application template
- Or any blog entry or article that is Windows® Phone 7 development related
What You Could Win
HTC 7 Surround!
- 3.8-inch, 480 x 800 WVGA
- 5 megapixel camera
- 720p video recording
- 1GHz processor
- 16 GB internal storage
- 1230 mAh
- Contest Period November: HTC Surround
- Contest Period December: HTC Surround
- Contest Period January: HTC Surround
- Contest Period February: HTC Surround
- Contest Period March: HTC Surround
HTC 7 Surrounds will be awarded to the top rated Windows® Phone 7 posts on Code Project based on member
voting and the Code Project judges final selection. A reasonable US$ equivalent in lieu of the prize may also be awarded.
- Posts and application submissions must follow the guidelines listed above.
- No cheating, lying, stealing code, swashbuckling, or biting.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Only those who live in jurisdictions in which this contest is legal may enter.
- Any breach of the rules and the prize will be awarded to the runner up.
- By entering the contest you agree to the rules, conditions of entry, and agree that your member alias, member profile information, article, code and any other submitted material can be used for promotional purposes by The Code Project.
- By entering your article in the contest you agree that The Code Project can link to your article and all accompanying data or information for promotional purposes.
- By submitting the video demo of your application you agree that The Code Project can upload the video in their YouTube channel or Favourite it in their YouTube channel to be used for information and promotional purposes.
Demo Video Winners
Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries. HTC Surround is a trademark of HTC Corporation.
Conditions of Entry
Current winners list
A comparison from developers perspective between Android and Windows Phone.
Repository Pattern with Windows Azure Mobile Services for Windows Phone app and Windows Store app.
This article describes how we can develop pocket PC applications using Pelles C IDE.
Blood Pressure Tracker is a Win 8 Phone application for tracking the blood pressure , interacts with HealthVault for storing and fetching the blood pressure information
How to connect your application phone to SAP system.
This article describes the development of a Windows Phone 8 Run Tracking application that uses a number of the new Windows Phone 8 features.
A look at how Xamarin MonoTouch allows you to create cross-platform applications, using the native C# / Silverlight for Windows Phone and C#, via Xamarin MonoTouch, for iOS.
This article talks about how to compile Python source code on WP8, the changes made on the source code, and an example using Python in a WP8 native app.
A Windows Phone ApplicationBar controller.
A sidereal time calculator for Windows Phone