Could anyone provide me an example how I can call multiple OData services from within a .net API asynchronously? I’m using DataServiceQuery’s to get all the data from the external OData services. I have tried using:
I am working on a MVC Json web service and in the web service I am making a call to Active directory. What I need to do is determine, in my code, all possible common, non-exception, types of login return values possible when an AD user attempts to login. Also, where can I find a list of all common login errors (i.e. User Not Found, etc.) and how to access the login error type in my json web service.
hello, i have ASP.net source code but i cant run it with (IIS)8, it says i don't have full permission in web.config file...And I did a lot of possible thins to fix it right but it couldnt...i would appreciate any help
It's usually from not setting the file permissions on the disk drive for IIS_ANONYMOUS and the app_pool identity.
You really need to search for setting permissions, the AppPool\YouNameHere is the name of the application pool, in which you go tot he IIS Manager and look up the name, or it's the name of the website you made.
If your web server is a member of a domain, you should unlink it before using the code below, then relink it when done.
You should Google the above and read up on it before applying the command, so you get the exact result you want. or else you'll have to go back and delete a bad idea to keep your site secure. Just search icals.exe
I have freelance job which is about an online food order. Someone who wants to order food have to be registired. I want to add registered users to the role "member". I can handle the registiration process but I cannot add to the role member.
First up, I have spent the past 2 days Googling this one. I have found many, many "solutions" but I can't get any of them to work. Part of the problem is that the solutions say to use this code or that, but don't say WHERE to put it!
So, here is the situation.
I have a page, using a Master page. I have a TreeView on the left and an Update Panel on the right. When the user selects a node in the TreeView, I add a user control to the Update Panel. (The control depends upon the type of the node - internal to my App.)
BUT, I have the need to enter a date in a User Control. I tried to use the standard Calendar control, but for some reason it's SelectedDate property isn't being updated. I then tried the JQuery-UI DatePicker tied to a text box, but it never pops up.
I know it has something to do with the AJAX reload of the Panel happening after the control is registered, but...
Anyway, if anyone can explain how to do it (not just what code to use, but WHERE to place it ) I'd be eternally grateful!
Here is what I have (I have a Calendar control in there too. Getting either to work would make me VERY happy!):
Let's fix one thing at a time, so I'll tackle the datepicker
I didn't see an update panel, so if there is none, the try will catch the error and contrinue to load the script.
Make sure you place the code below in the web form's, content place holder and not the master page like in your example.
I personally don't like the jquery.ui everthing, and prefer to just load the core, and the datepicker.
I switched the way you discover the textbox to bind to from css to the actual id of the textbox, using a wildcard to filter anything the is prefixed in front of the actual ID name of the textbox, will is standard behavior for using an update panel, in which $CT100_ is prefixed.
Test the code on your dev machine, using internet explorer 9+, and press F12 in IE, and clickon the bug for Debug. IE will throw an error like the webdev highlighting the error in yellow and red, showing where the script failed and why.
Then fix the error and run it again.
Fix the path of the scripts, by deleting them, and using the project explorer to drag the jquery file into the editor, in which the correct path will be generated for that page.
'Partial Class success
Public Class success
Protected Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load
Well, the error is pretty clear. The page /Account/success.aspx does not exist.
When you do Response.Redirect you likely will want to go to the root of the app and make your path from there so that if you deploy under a different structure, the code will still work. All you likely need to do is add ~ to your Response.Redirect.
I suggest getting a book or going through online tutorials.
A simple method is to add a label and then in Page_Load take the value from Request.QueryString and put it into the label. But this is such basic stuff that I think you'll learn a lot more if you go through tutorials.
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
A word of warning: Don't do what Ryan said. (Or at least, not exactly what he said!)
When you take a value from the request and want to re-display it, you need to make sure it's properly encoded. In this case, since you're display it as text within the HTML of the page, you need to use the HttpUtility.HtmlEncode method[^] to encode the string before showing it in a label.
You should never trust any input that comes from the user, whether it's in the query-string, part of a POST request, or even the HTTP headers. Always assume that all users are trying to hack into your site, and use the appropriate defences.
"These people looked deep within my soul and assigned me a number based on the order in which I joined." - Homer
Last Visit: 31-Dec-99 18:00 Last Update: 19-Sep-14 23:23