I have just added functionality through a 3rd party API to a large programming project of mine. The 3rd party API requires me to set the target CPU to 64 bit for it to work on my machine.
So far so good. The section of the program which uses the API is working like a charm.
But here's the problem. Previously I was relying on API calls to SetCursorPos in another, previously totally functional part of the program. Those API calls no longer work as expected and the cursor is placed in bizarre locations when I try to call that after a 64 bit compile. If I set the target CPU back to x86 or AnyCPU, SetCursorPos works like a charm again -- but not the new 3rd party API based stuff.
I've gone searching and have found hints of other people having problems with the functionality of SetCursorPos on a x64 targeted compile, but haven't yet found any good workarounds. Thoughts?
I created an access Lyric database. Then I added a table and a combo to hold song file data. Then, when the user selects a song and clicks play the code below gets executed. When I first did this it went well. WMPlayer opened up and played the song. Now it opens up the open dialog wanting me to select the file. It returns a 42. This is the first time I used this API command. Any help will be appreciated.
The user actually selects the filespec (path & filename) from the open dialog box. I split the filespec into Path and filename and store each into their corresponding fields in a record. I know the path is correct because the open dialog opens to the correct folder. This was working great, but now It does this. I would sure like to find out what the return values of this API function mean. I tried every number fro 0 to 10 in the show parameter of the shellexecute API call.
The record is define as:
MP3Seq autonum index
I wanted to be able to save more then one song file. The artist's version and a karaoke version. That's what the MP3VerID is for.
The MP3ID field is the same as the autonum field in the lyrics table.
I have had this program for a number of years. VB's Shell has been used all this time. But now on Win 7 I get a security message blocking me from using it. That's when I discovered ShellExecute.
That was a big help, i only have one small problem
i need to find LNCActivex.ocx. the link to install it doesnt work.
I have searched the net and find plenty of apps that want to check all your files
and tidy them up.
Public Class myclass
Private cont As MyentEntities
Public Sub New( ByRef cnx As MyentEntities)
cont = cnx
Public Sub test
If cont.mytable1.Count=1 then
And on my main form :
Dim E1 as MyEntEntities
Dim m1 asmyclassPrivateSub MainForm_Load(sender As System.Object, e As System.EventArgs)
EndsubPrivateSub Button1_Click(sender As System.Object, e As System.EventArgs)
When I click the button , I get an error :
....the entity of type 'MyTable1' does not exist in the context.