Click here to Skip to main content

Design and Architecture

QuestionDOC/View/Mainframe or does it matter? PinmemberBarryPearlman8-May-12 11:52 
I am working on an SDI application (MFC) using the standard DOC/View/Mainframe created by Visual Studio 10. The application requires a special type of "Switchboard" consisting of basically CButtons.

For whatever reason, I do not want to place the buttons in a conventional Dialog Box, but rather have them as children of DOC or View or Mainframe.

This is my first time using DOC/View/Mainframe and my question is: Who should be the parent of these buttons, or does it matter at all from a program architecture convention standpoint?

I am sure that Microsoft has this detailed, but I haven't a clue as to where to start looking.

Thanks,

Barry Confused | :confused:
AnswerRe: DOC/View/Mainframe or does it matter? PinprotectorPete O'Hanlon8-May-12 11:59 

General General    News News    Suggestion Suggestion    Question Question    Bug Bug    Answer Answer    Joke Joke    Rant Rant    Admin Admin   

Use Ctrl+Left/Right to switch messages, Ctrl+Up/Down to switch threads, Ctrl+Shift+Left/Right to switch pages.

Advertise | Privacy | Mobile
Web01 | 2.8.140709.1 | Last Updated 11 Jul 2014
Copyright © CodeProject, 1999-2014
All Rights Reserved. Terms of Service
Layout: fixed | fluid