Hello. Please excuse me for this basic question. We are presented with the option Create directory for solution when creating new solution. How does visual studio know the whereabouts of the all the project files while the .sln is in different ("root folder" is the right term?) folder ? Thanks for any input.
This world is going to explode due to international politics, SOON.
The solution and project folders have a fixed structure when created, and the actual file locations are kept in these files. You can inspect them for yourself to see how and where the details are saved.
I am trying to access the current NUM LOCK setting on a computer running VBA/VB.NET: - Windows 7 - Visual Studio 2010 - Microsoft (Office) Excel 2010
Here is the code:
Public Const _GlobalDefinitions As String = "GlobalDefinitions"
Public Declare Sub keybd_event Lib "user32" (ByVal bVk As Byte, ByVal bScan As Byte, ByVal dwFlags As Integer, ByVal dwExtraInfo As Integer)
Public Const VK_NUMLOCK As Integer = &H90
Public Const KEYEVENTF_EXTENDEDKEY As Integer = &H1
Public Const KEYEVENTF_KEYUP As Integer = &H2
Public InitialNumLockState As Boolean
Public Sub CheckNumLockState(Optional mWriteback As SSWriteback = Nothing)
If InitialNumLockState Then
If Not My.Computer.Keyboard.NumLock Then
keybd_event(VK_NUMLOCK, &H45, KEYEVENTF_EXTENDEDKEY Or 0, 0)
keybd_event(VK_NUMLOCK, &H45, KEYEVENTF_EXTENDEDKEY Or KEYEVENTF_KEYUP, 0)
Catch ex As Exception
If Not mWriteback Is Nothing Then
AddToErrorLog(mWriteback, _GlobalDefinitions & ":" & System.Reflection.MethodBase.GetCurrentMethod.Name.ToString & "> " & ex.Message & ", " & ex.StackTrace, TraceEventType.Error)
The InitialNumLockState variable is set earlier in the process as follows:
The initial reference to My.Computer.KeyBoard.NumLock works fine (and I can query it within a Watch window in runtime) and initializes the InitialNumLockState variable, e.g., True if the NUM LOCK key is ON.
In the second reference to My.Computer.KeyBoard.NumLock, however, I am getting the following error:
'Computer' is ambiguous between declarations in Modules 'GlbSoft.SWB.SS.My.MyProject' and 'GlbSoft.SWB.SS.My.MyProject'.
Note that the error message says the reference is ambiguous because it is present in two modules with the same name. Of course, this is not possible. There is only one project/namespace involved (GSI_SWB_SS/GlbSoft.SWB.SS).
I have tried a number of different approaches, all without success. Does anyone have any ideas or insight concerning this error and what can possibly be looked at in order to resolve it?
Run the Web API project in one instance of VS and I run the client project in another. Each instance is debugging only a single process. No problems at all. All breakpoints set in each respective project gets hit and shows up in the instance of VS that's running that project.
I have being for a while searching an solution but without success. I am working on a project that did work, but i made a little change in the SQL and visual studio 2012 i dropped 2 columns and added 1 more column (ID, as Primary key). i also changed the c# script. But there is no way to make it work, as i start it and fill the form and try to save it, it tells, "incorrect syntax on IdCliente". I will copy and paste the C# script, i hope someone can help me out.
Thank you for your response, i made some changes as you mentioned in your reply. the syntax error is gone also i correct the bullsh*t. But i need to find out more, because now i have got this error,"must declare the scalable variable @IdCliente". thank you very much for your help, this is how i made it now.
You really need to put spaces in your SQL. Right now your SQL statement looks like this:
Insert INTO PatronImagen(IdCliente,NombreCliente,DireccionEnvio,IDDirecciondelEnvio,Ciudad,CodigoPrenda,TipoPrenda,DescripcionPatron,Patron)VALUES(@IdCliente,@NombreCliente,@DireccionEnvio,@DirecciondelEnvio,@Ciudad,@CodigoPrenda,@TipoPrenda,@DescripcionPatron,@IMG)
No spaces anywhere, even before and after keywords!
Thanks again for your good advise!! i made the changes as you mentioned, also made more changes in the C# script, but still not working, i looked up for information for to "declare the scalar variable "IdCliente" but without results.".here is my last modification. thank again Dave for your help!
Thank you for your response, as told to Dave, i have started a new project that is working well. The fact is that the project that i was making, was not giving the results that i wanted, so i looked up more forward and started a new one that is working as i wanted. Later on i will restart this project and i will have the "responses" in mind . thank you again.