1. The lounge is for the CodeProject community to discuss things of interest to the community, and as a place for the whole community to participate. It is, first and foremost, a respectful meeting and discussion area for those wishing to discuss the life of a Software developer.
The #1 rule is: Be respectful of others, of the site, and of the community as a whole.
2. Technical discussions are welcome, but if you need specific programming question answered please use Quick Answers[^], or to discussion your programming problem in depth use the programming forums[^]. We encourage technical discussion, but this is a general discussion forum, not a programming Q&A forum. Posts will be moved or deleted if they fit better elsewhere.
4. No politics (including enviro-politics[^]), no sex, no religion. This is a community for software development. There are plenty of other sites that are far more appropriate for these discussions. Or if you must, use the Back Room[^] - but enter at your own risk.
5. Nothing Not Safe For Work, nothing you would not want your wife/husband, your girlfriend/boyfriend, your mother or your kid sister seeing on your screen. For those discussions where you wish to be a little more frank, use the Soapbox[^]
6. Any personal attacks, any spam, any advertising, any trolling, or any abuse of the rules will result in your account being removed.
7. Not everyone's first language is English. Be understanding.
Please respect the community and respect each other. We are of many cultures so remember that. Don't assume others understand you are joking, don't belittle anyone for taking offense or being thin skinned.
We are a community for software developers. Leave the egos at the door.
Yes... it is horribly complicated, and every choice is a mess.
It really is time for the marketing department (or finance department, or whatever) to learn how to query data for themselves instead of countless iterations of a report that nobody really cares about, and won't be used once the initial person who requested the report leaves the company and no longer has to justify his/her job.
Is it just me or has reporting gotten REALLYL complicated?
..take a text-file, write a method that replaces text, loop the dataset and replace the placeholders in the text-file with values, and you're done. Add some HTML, and presto, reports you can view with any "device". Add your background and all the other markup as CSS.
It does not have to be complicated.
If you are to sell that reporting-solution to someone else, then it has to sound complicated. Otherwise, they would simply take a text-file, write a method..
Bastard Programmer from Hell
If you can't read my code, try converting it here[^]
DevExpress? I use them and they are very helpful and have an AWESOME control suite. You can also just buy the reporting stuff, all required dependencies cannot be used in design time, but you don't have to buy the whole control set.
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
The metaphorical solid rear-end expulsions have impacted the metaphorical motorized bladed rotating air movement mechanism.
Just got a java update pushed to my computer. By default it was set to install ask.com's browser malware (aka the ask.com toolbar) and change the default search engine to a useless one (aka ask.com).
I suspect the helpdesk is going to be busy the next few days.
Did you ever see history portrayed as an old man with a wise brow and pulseless heart, waging all things in the balance of reason?
Is not rather the genius of history like an eternal, imploring maiden, full of fire, with a burning heart and flaming soul, humanly warm and humanly beautiful?
Training a telescope on one’s own belly button will only reveal lint. You like that? You go right on staring at it. I prefer looking at galaxies.
-- Sarah Hoyt
Wrong is evil and must be defeated. - Jeff Ello
Any organization is like a tree full of monkeys. The monkeys on top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. The monkeys on the bottom look up and see nothing but a**holes.
Does anyone use any of the stupid toolbars rubbish software tries to install?
All they do to me is disincline me to use the rubbish software or the rubbish from teh company that pays them to install the damn toolbar. Frankly, I don't care if Ask is twice as accurate, helpful, and friendly as Google: I won't use it because they once paid some company to hijack my search engine.
I can bear a grudge with the best o' 'em!
Bad command or file name. Bad, bad command! Sit! Stay! Staaaay...
Last Visit: 31-Dec-99 18:00 Last Update: 21-Oct-14 3:09