1. The lounge is for the CodeProject community to discuss things of interest to the community, and as a place for the whole community to participate. It is, first and foremost, a respectful meeting and discussion area for those wishing to discuss the life of a Software developer.
The #1 rule is: Be respectful of others, of the site, and of the community as a whole.
2. Technical discussions are welcome, but if you need specific programming question answered please use Quick Answers[^], or to discussion your programming problem in depth use the programming forums[^]. We encourage technical discussion, but this is a general discussion forum, not a programming Q&A forum. Posts will be moved or deleted if they fit better elsewhere.
4. No politics (including enviro-politics[^]), no sex, no religion. This is a community for software development. There are plenty of other sites that are far more appropriate for these discussions. Or if you must, use the Back Room[^] - but enter at your own risk.
5. Nothing Not Safe For Work, nothing you would not want your wife/husband, your girlfriend/boyfriend, your mother or your kid sister seeing on your screen. For those discussions where you wish to be a little more frank, use the Soapbox[^]
6. Any personal attacks, any spam, any advertising, any trolling, or any abuse of the rules will result in your account being removed.
7. Not everyone's first language is English. Be understanding.
Please respect the community and respect each other. We are of many cultures so remember that. Don't assume others understand you are joking, don't belittle anyone for taking offense or being thin skinned.
We are a community for software developers. Leave the egos at the door.
New version: WinHeist Version 2.1.0 Beta
There's a fine line between crazy and free spirited and it's usually a prescription.
I'm currently unsupervised, I know it freaks me out too but the possibilities are endless.
Has anyone ever worked with a big, mouthy ego type, so full of their own wonderfullness, just oozing smugness with every contrived sentence?
I have had the displeasure to have suffered such a person for a few months, and along with that, there has been a complete inability to actually produce anything. Endless excuses, delivered in an unctuous, self important way and whose solutions, described in a highly self flattering fashion, manage to totally avoid the fact that the problems were caused by the pillocks own stupidity! And the managers never realised!
Such is the depth of incompetence on display that not only has the company paid nearly 100K for a few days work, but the fact that it took many months to be half delivered, in a buggy and unfinished state, actually delayed and cost the company even more, and not only that, but the level of self satisfying noise emanating from this particular individual led to all kinds of bad decisions and erroneous paths of investigation being followed that the effect has been even more deleterious than is immediately apparent!
Has anyone else seen professional incompetence verging on outright fraud?
These guys are great if you do not work with them, I went through 4 contracts in the 90s (about 3 years) repairing one guys screw ups, it generally takes a few months for an organisation to realise they have a fake on board but a good manager will spot it and chuck the guy.
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity
Flew back from Amman, having avoided radicalisation etc...Decided to watch the sequel to The 300.
5 Hour flight, so that finished, decided to watch Rev - a UKian comedy about an inner city vicar.
Rev had a warning about adult themes 300 didn't.
300: topless woman within 5 mins , weird sex scene with the ever delightful Eva Green, plus Gore & violence.
Rev: most offensive thing - Pomegranate and Pineapple tea.
The amount of energy necessary to refute bullsh*t is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it.
Ah but were the pomegranates and pineapples topless also?
You can lead a developer to CodeProject, but you can't make them think.
The Theory of Gravity was invented for the sole purpose of distracting you from investigating the scientific fact that the Earth sucks.
All I know is that I want an Android phone with an okay camera (at least 8 megapixel) and not to expensive (which is subjective, of course).
I'm not very gadget savvy and all these phones are making my head spin... Samsung, LG, Huawei, HTC, Motorola, Acer...
Of course I'd rather just buy Nokia, but I've had it with Windows Phone. It looks nice, it works well, but it doesn't have the apps I want and Google's decision to not support synching on Windows Phone has made it pretty useless for me...