1. The lounge is for the CodeProject community to discuss things of interest to the community, and as a place for the whole community to participate. It is, first and foremost, a respectful meeting and discussion area for those wishing to discuss the life of a Software developer.
The #1 rule is: Be respectful of others, of the site, and of the community as a whole.
2. Technical discussions are welcome, but if you need specific programming question answered please use Quick Answers[^], or to discussion your programming problem in depth use the programming forums[^]. We encourage technical discussion, but this is a general discussion forum, not a programming Q&A forum. Posts will be moved or deleted if they fit better elsewhere.
4. No politics (including enviro-politics[^]), no sex, no religion. This is a community for software development. There are plenty of other sites that are far more appropriate for these discussions. Or if you must, use the Back Room[^] - but enter at your own risk.
5. Nothing Not Safe For Work, nothing you would not want your wife/husband, your girlfriend/boyfriend, your mother or your kid sister seeing on your screen. For those discussions where you wish to be a little more frank, use the Soapbox[^]
6. Any personal attacks, any spam, any advertising, any trolling, or any abuse of the rules will result in your account being removed.
7. Not everyone's first language is English. Be understanding.
Please respect the community and respect each other. We are of many cultures so remember that. Don't assume others understand you are joking, don't belittle anyone for taking offense or being thin skinned.
We are a community for software developers. Leave the egos at the door.
I think the US should dump Washington D.C. there's nothing of worth there anyway.
New version: WinHeist Version 2.1.0 Beta
Have you ever just looked at someone and knew the wheel was turning but the hamster was dead?
Trying to understand the behavior of some people is like trying to smell the color 9.
I'm not crazy, my reality is just different than yours!
The USA could dump much of the deep south and other states who receive more from the Federal government than they pay in taxes.
Being from the deep south (Louisiana) I'd have to disagree. Sure, we're lazy. And, most of us aren't educated. But let's face it, when it's time to live it up and party like there's no tomorrow people don't talk about North Dakota.
I think it's the best decision he could have made for Scotland: it would have been hard if not impossible to govern when more than half the people you are supposed to be governing and representing have said "No, you're wrong. Elephant off."
Bad command or file name. Bad, bad command! Sit! Stay! Staaaay...
Any gifted politician would have claimed tampering at the polls, invoked charges of racism/sexism, and then wrapped himself in the flag while proclaiming that God is on his side. He could then throw down a few large rallies, write a book that paints him a martyr, and then use his political clout to acquire a do-nothing government job that keeps him wealthy for the rest of his life.
If he'd like lessons on how to do it right I'd suggest he study American politics.
They threw the bodies in a septic tank, which ironically enough, was probably built by the last group of Westerners that came through to help out. I have to give a great deal of credit to those willing to put up with this sort of thing - I'd just let the disease rip if it were up to me. I hate to be cold like that but I'm at a point in my life where I'm tired of getting stiff armed by the people I'm trying to help. Could be because I have teenage daughters.