The Lounge is rated PG. If you're about to post something you wouldn't want your
kid sister to read then don't post it. No flame wars, no abusive conduct, no programming
questions and please don't post ads.
1. The lounge is for the CodeProject community to discuss things of interest to the community, and as a place for the whole community to participate. It is, first and foremost, a respectful meeting and discussion area for those wishing to discuss the life of a Software developer.
The #1 rule is: Be respectful of others, of the site, and of the community as a whole.
2. Technical discussions are welcome, but if you need specific programming question answered please use Quick Answers[^], or to discussion your programming problem in depth use the programming forums[^]. We encourage technical discussion, but this is a general discussion forum, not a programming Q&A forum. Posts will be moved or deleted if they fit better elsewhere.
4. No politics (including enviro-politics[^]), no sex, no religion. This is a community for software development. There are plenty of other sites that are far more appropriate for these discussions. Or if you must, use the Back Room[^] - but enter at your own risk.
5. Nothing Not Safe For Work, nothing you would not want your wife/husband, your girlfriend/boyfriend, your mother or your kid sister seeing on your screen. For those discussions where you wish to be a little more frank, use the Soapbox[^]
6. Any personal attacks, any spam, any advertising, any trolling, or any abuse of the rules will result in your account being removed.
7. Not everyone's first language is English. Be understanding.
Please respect the community and respect each other. We are of many cultures so remember that. Don't assume others understand you are joking, don't belittle anyone for taking offense or being thin skinned.
We are a community for software developers. Leave the egos at the door.
I can write some elegant code (simple and it works). Other times, it be something to wash off your shoe. I have this vision of MS full of smart people, but I want the 2x4 to whack the Windows 7 and Windows 10 upgrade folks. I'll provide nails for the 2x4.
Daughter nukes her laptop ("os not found"), claims she did nothing. Hmm, right, okay no evidence, there there hug. Clearly there is an issue with her SSD.
Install Windows 7 with SP1, prepare for inevitable 24 hour "checking for updates" wait. And wait. Now, I know that there is probably some complicated "check for recursive upgrade links" going on, but wtf, I was taught this 36 years ago - simplify life. What prevents the Windows 7 SP1 to leave a marker file indicating ALL of the updates are needed? 48 hours and it comes back as "no updates found" <hysterical laugh="">.
Daughter wants Windows 10 - find a link for 7->10 upgrade still working... Laptop 36+ hours "download" or "getting ready" for a clean install.
Seems I won't starve as a developer any time soon. What a steaming pile of elephant dung.
<italic>Stuck in a dysfunctional matrix from which I must escape...
"Where liberty dwells, there is my country." B. Franklin, 1783
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.” BF, 1759
0. Plane is good.
1. Food is good with lot of frequent services.
2. Hostesses are pretty and good.
3. Pilots are also good.
Yet Baggage delivery not good. Half of travelers baggages is delayed on the flight and forced to be delivered to their respective addresses. This happended twice for me. Is there anyone who got similar experience on Air Canada?
I'll be honest with you. Fly somewhere in Asia that's not Air Canada or Delta or American or anything North American and you'll see the difference. Air Asia probably wins this one. Those stewardesses are near super model in the looks category. They are knockouts. And the thing is, that most other airlines across Asia that are the same way. It is kind of like the 1960's and 70's all over again.
Are you talking about the same Air Comedy that I know and loathe?
I gave up on them a long time ago. American Airlines - that bastion of "We really, really, don't care about you" beats Air Canada hands down. And that's just sad.
Air Canada has had a long history of being a monopoly. They bought out Canadian airlines a few years ago and that was the beginning of the real slide. Regional carriers have come and gone but the government won't let international carries fly internal routes (and there's arguments for and against) so Air Canada, being the 900lb gorilla, always wins.
Except WestJet is now making serious inroads. And they are excellent.
If you fly Air Canada they have Air Canada Jazz - meaning smaller planes, shorter routes, and the amusing Air Canada Rouge (tagline "we'll make you see red"). These guys make RyanAir look good.
All just my personal opinions, but I've flown a lot and felt the pain. The pain...
I vowed not to flight with Air Canada anymore. I would rather take a road trip if possible and necessary. I thought my first experience was a mistake but then when I got similar experience twice, I concluded it's a deliberate action made by the airline.