1. The lounge is for the CodeProject community to discuss things of interest to the community, and as a place for the whole community to participate. It is, first and foremost, a respectful meeting and discussion area for those wishing to discuss the life of a Software developer.
The #1 rule is: Be respectful of others, of the site, and of the community as a whole.
2. Technical discussions are welcome, but if you need specific programming question answered please use Quick Answers[^], or to discussion your programming problem in depth use the programming forums[^]. We encourage technical discussion, but this is a general discussion forum, not a programming Q&A forum. Posts will be moved or deleted if they fit better elsewhere.
4. No politics (including enviro-politics[^]), no sex, no religion. This is a community for software development. There are plenty of other sites that are far more appropriate for these discussions. Or if you must, use the Back Room[^] - but enter at your own risk.
5. Nothing Not Safe For Work, nothing you would not want your wife/husband, your girlfriend/boyfriend, your mother or your kid sister seeing on your screen. For those discussions where you wish to be a little more frank, use the Soapbox[^]
6. Any personal attacks, any spam, any advertising, any trolling, or any abuse of the rules will result in your account being removed.
7. Not everyone's first language is English. Be understanding.
Please respect the community and respect each other. We are of many cultures so remember that. Don't assume others understand you are joking, don't belittle anyone for taking offense or being thin skinned.
We are a community for software developers. Leave the egos at the door.
Local plant life in a five-mile radius has already started dying...
".45 ACP - because shooting twice is just silly" - JSOP, 2010 ----- You can never have too much ammo - unless you're swimming, or on fire. - JSOP, 2010 ----- When you pry the gun from my cold dead hands, be careful - the barrel will be very hot. - JSOP, 2013
It's something that has been around for years, has annoyed me for years, and today has annoyed me sufficiently to vent.
Why do some windows (specifically in Microsoft applications, but I am sure in others too) have a fixed size?
I'm looking at you, VS2010 Configuration Manager!
Here;s a perfectly good grid, that I want to be able to expand the columns sufficiently to read, and to see as many items as possible - and I can't becuase someone at MS decided I wouldn't be allowed to resize the window!
It's disgusting. Sources have revealed that the raid on Cliff Richards house last week unearthed disgusting material. I have to warn you that you'll need a strong stomach when you find out what they have uncovered[^].
Oh thank you it wasn't naked pictures of Beiber, that would have ruined not only my supper but I don't think I could have recovered without mental counseling, not like she ain't got enough to deal with already.
Have you ever just looked at someone and knew the wheel was turning but the hamster was dead?
Trying to understand the behavior of some people is like trying to smell the color 9.
New album tracks from Cliff Richard? I don't believe that! That would be the first time in several decades...
Anything that is unrelated to elephants is irrelephant Anonymous ----- The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they're genuine Winston Churchill, 1944 ----- I'd just like a chance to prove that money can't make me happy. Me, all the time