1. The lounge is for the CodeProject community to discuss things of interest to the community, and as a place for the whole community to participate. It is, first and foremost, a respectful meeting and discussion area for those wishing to discuss the life of a Software developer.
The #1 rule is: Be respectful of others, of the site, and of the community as a whole.
2. Technical discussions are welcome, but if you need specific programming question answered please use Quick Answers[^], or to discussion your programming problem in depth use the programming forums[^]. We encourage technical discussion, but this is a general discussion forum, not a programming Q&A forum. Posts will be moved or deleted if they fit better elsewhere.
4. No politics (including enviro-politics[^]), no sex, no religion. This is a community for software development. There are plenty of other sites that are far more appropriate for these discussions. Or if you must, use the Back Room[^] - but enter at your own risk.
5. Nothing Not Safe For Work, nothing you would not want your wife/husband, your girlfriend/boyfriend, your mother or your kid sister seeing on your screen. For those discussions where you wish to be a little more frank, use the Soapbox[^]
6. Any personal attacks, any spam, any advertising, any trolling, or any abuse of the rules will result in your account being removed.
7. Not everyone's first language is English. Be understanding.
Please respect the community and respect each other. We are of many cultures so remember that. Don't assume others understand you are joking, don't belittle anyone for taking offense or being thin skinned.
We are a community for software developers. Leave the egos at the door.
Wrong is evil and must be defeated. - Jeff Ello
Any organization is like a tree full of monkeys. The monkeys on top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. The monkeys on the bottom look up and see nothing but a**holes.
I guess when getting punched in the face gets old, you can always smash out a few teeth with hickory sticks!
I used to go to a gym that did MMA and Kali. A very different mix of people.
Fun Fact: Look up the Dog Brothers. They tried to bring full contact (and no padding) Kali fights into the UFC, back when the UFC was almost banned in the US. The UFC told them that the public wasn't ready
Black-out. Lights fade in, but the scene is still dark. A man and a woman sit at opposite ends of a dining table, both look grim, and tense. You see neither of them move their lips, or vary their facial expression, but these words are heard:
Man "But, I thought we had everything going for us ..."
Woman "It's hard to explain ..."
Man "Is there ... somebody else ?"
Woman "No, oh no ... it's just that ... well ... your microbiome sucks."
Man "That's really hurtful, you know ... didn't I become a vegan just for you, don't I have spirulina every morning because ... of you ?"
Woman "I wish ... how I wish ... I could put it some other way that would make you feel better about it !"
Fade to black. Fade in of a brilliantly sunlit tropical beach; a man and woman walk hand-in-hand into a calm emerald sea. Sound of waves, occasional sea-bird cries. Voice over by a deep, soothing, male voice:
"It can seem hopeless ... I know ... I've been there ..."
"You try and change and ... it just doesn't work ... and you feel like you've made yourself into somebody you aren't ..."
"The guilt, the anger, the grief ... I've been there."
Fade in background track of inspirational music: man and woman slowly turn and face the camera, their backs to the sea. The male voice shifts into a more powerful, assertively optimistic tone:
"But, now there is hope ! ... there is ... Microptimal !"
"A unique patent-pending process of microbiomial transplant and personality adjustment !"
"You can BE compatible, not just TRY to be compatible !"
The man and the woman lift their hands, and wave, as the camera pans in for a close-up. They kiss.
« There is only one difference between a madman and me. The madman thinks he is sane. I know I am mad. » Salvador Dali
Last Visit: 31-Dec-99 18:00 Last Update: 22-Oct-14 7:59