You're probably not going to get an answer to this for a few reason:
1) You haven't specified anything about what you're backing up.
2) You haven't specified anything about what you're backing up to.
3) You're using VB6. There is absolutely no valid reason at all to start new development work in VB6. It's dead and has been for years. VB.NET Express Edition is free and easily obtainable from here[^].
I would suggest using any type of loop (Do While, For Next etc), what ever you like to get the data from the DataGridView column.
Just get the number of rows you wish to copy then loop through the rows, either storing the data returned into the ListBox or populating an Array, which can then be used to fill the ListBox. Note in the example below data is returned from the first column.
Dim pInt As Integer
Dim pIntItems As Integer
Dim pStrValue as String (or what ever the value type of the column is)
pIntItems = DataGridView.RowCount
For pInt = 0 To pIntItems - 1
pStrValue = DataGridView.Rows(pInt).Cells(0).Value
"Now either store this value to an array or make a function call to start populating the ListBox with the value."
1.Get all the data from gridview into some (public static)variables.
2.In the form where u want those values just write the form name of gridview values followed by the value property of list box.
I have 2 Buttons in my form. Both have background image and Flat style is "Flat".
1) On clicking TAB key, when the focus is on button, I see solid color rectangle inner, instead of solid border I want to have dotted border in the button.
2) If the button is on focus & the application loses focus (someother app is active), the button forms a outer border of white color. I want it to remain as it is i.e. dotted line inner rectangle.
3) When the button is clicked, some activity is going on. While this time the button text colro changes to grey. I don't want it to change the text color. I believe this is windows std property, but how do I not change the text color when the button is selected .
I can't find any properties to set these points. What should I do to achieve the goal. Any help is highly appreciated.
1. This is Windows drawing the focus cue on the button. You cannot change this.
2. Again, Windows. Can't change this.
3. The text turns grey only because your code has to change it. This isn't Windows doing this or a property on the control. When you click on Windows Forms Button, no colors of or inside the button change at all, unless your code is specifically written to do this.
[EDIT] 3. I haven't tested this, but this could be because of the Windows Desktop Theme your using.
Hey guys im just looking for a few ideas of design for a nice windows form. I created a program that runs 250 tests based on different senarios and inserts the results into 7 different tables in the db. Now I want to create a form to show the results to the user. Im just drawing blanks on the design and what options the user should have. Thanks
Hi, I'm making a program from q has a code in xml I translate it and I play as a slideshow, I've been stuck at the time of painting. Pass me the following, for example I want to add a triangle, rectangle and triangle q so I stay above the rectangle, but when I paint despite having a transparent background, is not the rectangle q I have below, I need some advice or suggestions thanks
Hi, I've ever tried a .net windows forms barcode library from "BarcodeLib.com". What I appreciate most is that the barcoding tutorial page is easy to understand and I successfully generate a barcode within seconds. This is a very big help for a new programmer like me.
By this code procedure is created successfully bt when it comes to calling that procedure it throws an error
System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException: ERROR  [MySQL][ODBC 5.1 Driver][mysqld-5.0.77-community-nt]You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'add_emp' at line 1
Why is common sense not common?
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level where they are an expert.
Sometimes it takes a lot of work to be lazy
Please stand in front of my pistol, smile and wait for the flash - JSOP 2012
Sooo, overall, your creating a table to hold employee data, which is usually a permanent table in a database, and creating the stored procedure to add an employee to this table, AND calling the procedure to add an employee to this table, ALL IN ONE METHOD??
Your database should be created at install-time, not runtime. Your code should only be calling the stored procedure. I have to ask why you're doing it this way??
Actually the thing is I am testing it...I am developing mysql query browser. so when i am calling sp at run time then also i m getting same error...so i have searched on net c# code for calling sp..and i have got this code but when i implemented this then it throws the same error.....
ya I have done this....bt nothing happened...same error shows....
ERROR  [MySQL][ODBC 5.1 Driver][mysqld-5.0.77-community-nt]You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'add_emp(@fname, @lname, @bday)' at line 1
I looked again at your code, and now I'm wondering maybe something is wrong about the bday type (DATETIME,DATE) and the DATE function; so I'd recommend you leave it out till you get the SP working, then add it back in and fix it if necessary.
Note 1: I also saw your first Con.Open() was commented...
Note 2: and you do check the SP for existence before creating one, but not the table itself.