|CppDepend[^] version 3 is released and here are the major new features:
- Use Clang as C\C++ parser.
- New query language CQLinq: CQL was very limited to query code base, CQLinq give more flexibility, and it’s based on linq.
- BuildMonitor: CppDepend 3 introduce BuildMonitor to intercept all compilation and link commands , and analyzing projects built using Makefile, SCon, CMake or other became simple.
- Incremental: With CppDepend 3 the analysis became incremental, and no need to reanalyze all the code if only some files are changed.
- Linux Support: It’s possible now to execute CppDepend in Linux 32 bit machine.
CppDepend is a static analysis tool based on Clang that simplifies managing C\C++ code quality and provides a highly flexible code query language.
Here are some of Architect’s key functionalities:
- Code Query language (CQLinq), to query code base like SQL do for Database.
- Compare Builds
- More than 80 Code Metrics
- Display analysis results in different types of Diagrams
- Easy integration to Build process
- Detailed and highly customized reports
- Facilitate Code Reviews by using Code Change Metrics
- Visual Editor that gives many views (Code Query Builder, Dependency Graph, Matrix and Metrics views ++)