Yes. But saying we won 4/5 cannot be a reason to justify not going through the semi's. Even before the tournament we knew about RR can play.
Forget rest, in last game against Pak, when it was certain we are winning comfortably, why did we not tried to score quickly? We were not stroking for higher RR. Every dot ball at the end of Ind-Pak match was just reminding me of RR and I shared that while watching that India is being complacent and not taking RR seriously.
So would I.
But with the current team (Balaji!?) it seems wrong.
There are better teams in the world.
Just think this way, the top 5 spinners of the world (Narine, Swann, Mendis, Ajmal, Shakib) are not in the Indian team.
Something that would never happen before - the best spinner or at least one of top 3 would be in the Indian squad.
It is disappointing. Aus lost and still in the semi, Ind won and out of semi. This was a joke on Ind (I agree that we were short of 25 runs). But we won 4 out of 5 games and out of the series.
And reasons for those 25 runs short are,
- SA fielding saved 25 runs
- IND fielding gave 25 singles
- IND scored 25 runs less in last 5 overs
- IND unable to take wicket 25 runs earlier (who was that guy who scored 65)
but that no bowl fiasco was fun (hattrick chance with no wickets taken).
But Dhoni is just pissing me off, and everytime I saw Balaji in last 2 games I just got mad at Dhoni, and it went crazy when in last match he credited Balaji even before Kohli in the interview. And in this match it was clear that he was trying to justify his decisions than trying to win the match.
We did not lost against SA, we lost against one man who scored 65, and we had no answer to that, even after half of the team bowled against him.
0. Why in the world someone would give the ball to Rohit Sharma when you just had a wicket in the previous over. Aren't we trying to defend a very low total?
1. Why in the world would Raina listen to Umpire's nonsense about stopping anticipation and running towards the ball before the shot is played? Challenge the f***ing warning when there is no such thing in the rule book.
I don't understand why Aussies don't want us in the semis? First their batting and now umpiring