|Rumba+ brings improved user efficiency across mobile, web and Windows devices through risk-free green screen modernization
New Delhi, India, January 17 2013
Organizations to day face competitive and productivity challenges with so-called legacy mainframe applications. End users of green-screen mainframe applications are frustrated with the rigidity of the business applications when they are familiar with contemporary computing within Windows or graphically driven experiences. But to modernize this environment satisfactorily can be an expensive option, with a high dependency on specialized developer skills. To address this challenge, Micro Focus (LSE: MCRO.L), the leading provider of enterprise application modernization, testing, and management solutions, today launched RUMBA 9.0 and Rumba+, which enable organizations to quickly modernize the end user experience in isolation from the application code. This maximises end user productivity and satisfaction without the risks associated with heavy duty modernization development projects.
Micro Focus RUMBA enhances the end user experience of legacy applications by transposing their archaic green-screen presentation onto more familiar Windows, mobile and web environments. This allows organizations to improve end user productivity, shorten business process learning cycles and cut through laborious data input/retrieval processes. Organizations will simply respond faster to market dynamics, their customers will realize the benefits of increased efficiency and investments and knowledge present in the existing mainframe applications will have been preserved.
“The ‘old thinking’ has given way to the new economics of terminal emulation. Previously business leaders faced compromising on performance, customer service and productivity to achieve business goals, cut costs and make provision for growth. The new economics for terminal emulation, embodied in Micro Focus RUMBA, removes the need for compromise and positions businesses to take advantage of new technology, improved performance and enhanced security. “, said Nitin Dang, Country General Manager- India at Micro Focus.
Commenting on the new release, Kevin Brearley, Senior Director of Product Management for Micro Focus, said: “RUMBA enables connectivity from Microsoft Windows, iPads or web browsers to virtually any host system with mission critical reliability. With wider reaching deployment capabilities, end user productivity improvement is quickly delivered through a simple point and click interface. This enhanced experience can be delivered at a pace that suits, to the entire organization, individual departments or specific users. RUMBA is designed to modernize green-screen applications with no risk to business continuity. ”
RUMBA in focus:
• RUMBA 9.0 is the core server required for Rumba+ deployment. Quickly and securely connects to a range of host systems, enabling green-screen terminal emulation along with a set of popular supporting features and functionalities.
• RUMBA+ introduces 3 different clients that allows the customer to modernize green-screen applications without the need of specialized knowledge of mainframe applications or Windows, iPad or web browser technologies. Easy point and click controls can be created to enhance a single green-screen or to considerably update an entire application.
• RUMBA+ Desktop The Windows based client that can quickly introduce productivity enhancements to the green-screen - pop-up calendars, dropdown menus, tool tips, in line help, graphs, Google maps and more.
• RUMBA+ Mobile An iPad client that enables mobile access to the application with the Rumba+ Desktop enhancements driven by native iPad functions.
• RUMBA+ Web A Web client with out-of-the-box usability and immediate extended reach to the mainframe applications. Modern, fresh and user friendly interface through browser technology without the normal system overheads.
RUMBA is part of a family of enterprise application modernization technologies from Micro Focus, which help organizations transform the value of their core business systems.
About Micro Focus
Micro Focus, a member of the FTSE 250, provides innovative software that allows companies to dramatically improve the business value of their Enterprise applications. Micro Focus Enterprise Application Modernization, Testing and Management software enables customers' business applications to respond rapidly to market changes and embrace modern architectures with reduced cost and risk. For additional information please visit www.microfocus.com.