What’s new in this release?
The long awaited version of Aspose.Cells for .NET 7.4.0 has been released. This month’s release includes an enhancement for advanced conditional formatting when converting worksheet to image files. We have also made an enhancement to the Microsoft Excel ruler which is not displayed when setting Page Layout view. We have improved the performance of Excel to PDF rendering, sometimes the process hanged a bit for certain Excel files. In this release, several important issues have been addressed. For example, issues around rendering spreadsheets (XLS, XLSX etc.), protecting sheets, rendering PivotTables, encrypting files and exporting to PDF have been resolved. Issues pertaining to the formula calculation engine have also been fixed. We have made a few enhancements in Aspose.Cells for .NET’s web based Grid control. For example, GridWeb can now read list data validations in the template file and you can write code for drawing object and shape Click events. We also made enhancements and fixes so that the GridWeb control works smoothly with browser types other than Internet Explorer types (for example, Google Chrome, FireFox, and Safari) when performing insert and edit operations. We have also fixed an issue in the desktop based Grid control provided by Aspose.Cells for .NET to improve moving and navigating to cells using the keyboard. This release includes few enhanced features and plenty of bug fixes as listed below
- Rendering advanced conditional formatting in Sheet-to-Image feature
- Ruler is invisible in Page Layout view
- Performance improved when saving to PDF format
- SheetRender exports shape correctly
- Load Excel files with drop downs – List data validation.
- Support click event for drawing objects / shapes
- Directly type value in a cell is not supported on Chrome, FireFox and Safari
- Bug in using formula as parameter of a custom function is fixed
- Pivot table’s refresh and calculating data issue is resolved
- HLOOKUP with INDIRECT formulas bug is fixed
- Unprotect worksheet fails for the files saved with Excel 2013
- Footer’s page number issue in export to PDF is resolved
- AcceptAllRevisions is now applied properly when saving Workbook to streams
- Corrupted checkboxes rendered on save is now fixed
- Decrypting a password protected file corrupts the file is fixed
- Corrupted name ranges on save is fixed
- Locale settings now working for a cell with a DataTime formatting
- Error in formatting a document with simple quote in the Header tab column is fixed
- Formatting specific characters in a string is now properly working for an XLSX file
- GridWeb’s validation menu list will fail on menu items which contain Dollar sign -"$"
- GridWeb’s validation menu list is refreshed after updating the referenced cell value
- GridWeb will now work on FireFox for the files which contain cells with validation list
- While editing a cell value, pressing Enter key will lose original line break in IE is fixed
- Copy-Paste issue in web grid which is now working for Chrome, FireFox etc.
- Issue while using the keyboard to navigate to any cell to enter value
Other most recent bug fixes are also included in this release.
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Cells for .NET documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.Cells for performing different tasks like the followings.
Overview: Aspose.Cells for .NET
Aspose.Cells is a .NET component for spreadsheet reporting without using Microsoft Excel. It supports robust formula calculation engine, pivot tables, VBA, workbook encryption, named ranges, spreadsheet formatting, drawing objects like images, OLE objects and importing or creating charts. You can also create Excel file using designer spreadsheet, smart marker or API and apply formulae and functions. It supports CSV, SpreadsheetML, PDF and all file formats from Excel 97 to Excel 2007.
More about Aspose.Cells for .NET
Aspose Pty Ltd,
Suite 163, 79 Longueville Road
Lane Cove, NSW, 2066
Aspose - Your File Format Experts