You can also try virtualization, e.g. with VMWare Player. That allows you to play with your "server": you can copy early versions, then just try this or that step, and in case of failure return to the original version.
Any modern computer should be strong enough for that purpose (I have a quadcore with 8GB RAM).
On the bottom of the article's page, you'll find a "Comments and Discussions" section. Please ask your question there (normally, the author of the article will receive an email that a question/comment has been posted to his article).
I had created an exe file and currently using it and i had built an update version of same exe file and uploded on my website ... Now if i open the application it should as pop-up as update version were avialable ??? can any one guide me with any example...??
Place on your webserver somewhere the current latest version number and then put inside your app method to connect to the website address and check to see if the current app version matches.. if not then present user with the option to update..
You likely would need a second application to make this process smoother.. IE a app that downloads the update and applies it.
I am using rdlc report in my project. In that two column are displaying image as per condition. I set value of the background image of that column using Expression (=iif(Fields!Passed.Value=True,"GreenCheckmark","Error")) And setting Background color using this expression (=iif (Fields!RowNumber.Value mod 2 = 0,"#deebf7","White")).
When I run this rdlc report on my end this works fine but these images not getting displayed when this rdlc report is exported to Excel or Word format. In pdf its displayed fine.
Please give me some suggestion on this and help me. I am on it from three days. I have done lots of searching on google but I am not getting any solution regarding this.
Hi, I have connect sql database with gridview. I enter details into table from StudentDetails.aspx page. Now I would like to show as "Displaying 1-10 of 120 results were found" on top of gridview control in SearchStudents.aspx page. Plz help me to make this
I have been handed a project to make part of my company's website more accessible to mobile users. I would like to have the main login page detect whether the user is accessing the site from a mobile device and, if so, direct them to a mobile subdomain.
Because this is a financial services company, our legal department does not want me to use cloud based determination service in any way, shape or form: while the risk of data theft is quite small, they feel that the risk outweighs the benefit. Ideally, it would be an open-source solution that I can monitor and update myself, in order to guarantee that there are no back-doors.
I have tried using HttpBrowserCapabilities, but most of the returned properties are rubbish: IsMobileDevice returns False even on my Android phone, and every browser I've tested seems to have a screen 640 pixels wide by 480 pixels high, from smart phone to tablet to Windows desktop.
I have looked into using @media styles, and they work, but....
Our website has several hundred pages, most of which will not be converted to be mobile compatible for various reasons. The few that will be converted need to be trimmed substantially: not just restyled, but given entirely new master pages to eliminate a lot of bloat that would be hidden if I went with a pure CSS solution. Also on these pages, I would like to trim out or redirect links that point to pages in the main site.
All in all, the cleanest solution will be to have a separate mobile-oriented website with only about a score of pages. A nuisance, but far less work and maintenance than trying to make the entire (censored) site mobile friendly. I just need a way to identify mobile users at the front end, when the log in, and determine which site to send them to. (The mobile site will have a link allowing users to visit the full site, if they really want to.)
Last Visit: 31-Dec-99 18:00 Last Update: 27-Sep-16 10:59