Click here to Skip to main content
12,453,183 members (58,537 online)
Rate this:
 
Please Sign up or sign in to vote.
See more: Mobile WebService
hi all.

I created a web service to be used by a mobile app I'm developing.
the web service works fine if i consume it from IE or even from the mobile IE but when i try to consume it from the application i get "WebException" error with no more info

to exclude the option that there is some kind of problem with my mobile app I build a small windows app - just a form with a button that call the web method and I get the following error

The request failed with the error message:\r\n--\r\n<html><head><title>Object moved</title></head><body>\r\n<h2>Object moved to <a href=\"%2fSAPChassisWS%2fChassisWService.asmx%3fAspxAutoDetectCookieSupport%3d1\">here</a>.</h2>\r\n</body></html>\r\n\r\n--.


and as I said the same methos works fine if I call it from the internet explorer - in my laptop and in the mobile

web config is defined not as form authentication:

<authentication mode="Windows" />

the server is server 2008 with IIS 7

any Ideas ?

thanks
Posted 19-Jan-11 22:23pm

1 solution

Rate this: bad
 
good
Please Sign up or sign in to vote.

Solution 1

murfy's law Smile | :)
I've been working on this problem for a day now before i submitted it here and now 30 minutes after i did - I found the answer

I just following post solved the problem:
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/asmxandxml/thread/a9dffd4a-e4bd-4028-b4f2-7967c2cc09a4/
  Permalink  

This content, along with any associated source code and files, is licensed under The Code Project Open License (CPOL)

  Print Answers RSS
Top Experts
Last 24hrsThis month


Advertise | Privacy | Mobile
Web02 | 2.8.160826.1 | Last Updated 2 Sep 2012
Copyright © CodeProject, 1999-2016
All Rights Reserved. Terms of Service
Layout: fixed | fluid

CodeProject, 503-250 Ferrand Drive Toronto Ontario, M3C 3G8 Canada +1 416-849-8900 x 100