I want to create a rdlc report using Microsoft Report Designer. Due to complexity of my data (the given below is just an example) I do not use View on Database side. So, I have to use seperate tables (data sources) for my report design. Now, as it can be seen the example below I have one report page and I want to show PERSONAL, FAMILY and JOB INFO for each person.
* There are Textboxes on PERSONAL INFO section. The data is come from table_Personal,
* There are a Table on FAMILY INFO section. The data is come from Table_Famiy,
* There are a Table on JOB INFO section. The data is come from Table_Job
and all the three tables contain Person_Id column.
Name : Christof
Surname : Robin
Age : 45
No----- Name----- Age----- Birt Place
1------ Sarah----- 12------ London
2------ Albert----- 16------ Manchester
3------ David----- 23------ NY
No------ Company----- Start Year
1------- Xyz----------- 2005
2------- T Mobile------- 1999
3------- Day Inn------- 1993
My question is;
1) I do not want to use Subreport and do not combine these tables in db side by using view (I have searchhed, but for 3 or more tables it is impossible I think).
So, is it possible to create a master-detail report like above by grouping items (table, list, etc.) and without using subreport on rdlc? If so, could you explain a little bit please?
2) I have tried to create such a kind of report like that; I use a List and inserted all the textboxes and three tables above
to this list. I assign all the three tables as Report Data Sources. I make List.DataSetName = Table_Personal and List.Grouping settings
select Group on : Person_Id and some other combination. But, unfortunately I have not managed to create such a kind of report group like above.
Could you help me please by giving some advice and if you have some sample rdlc page source please?