Click here to Skip to main content
Rate this: bad
good
Please Sign up or sign in to vote.
Hi Team,
We have a requirement where in all the emails sent by the specified sender’s to the identified email account need to be read and the attachments present in that email’s have to be extracted and placed in the designated Physical drive. This has to happen periodically.
To achieve the same we have installed Microsoft Outlook 2010 on the Application server (Windows Server 2008 R2 64 bit edition) and configured the designated email account to the mapped exchange server (exchange server 2003) successfully using Outlook.
Later we developed a console application in ASP.Net 3.5 version which is basically connecting to the Outlook, read all the mails that has been sent by the specified senders, extract the attachment available in the email and place it in the identified physical folder structure and when executed the EXE as a standalone its functioning fine without any issues.
Later we scheduled a task for this EXE to get auto executed for every 10 mts using Windows Task Scheduler and observed that this exe is being successfully executed intermittently and most of the times it is giving error which is specified below.
We tried with changing the account to   “Network Service”, “Local Service” and “Service Account” but did not go through.
Can some please help us on this issue.
Error Details
"Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {0006F03A-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} failed due to the following error: 80010001"
Error logged in Event Viewer
Log Name:         System
Source:            Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM
Date:               12/7/2011 6:11:10 AM
Event ID:         10010
Task Category: None
Level:            Error
Keywords:         Classic
User:               N/A
Computer:        
Description:
The server {0006F03A-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

Log Name:         Application
Source:            Windows Error Reporting
Date:               12/7/2011 6:11:11 AM
Event ID:         1001
Task Category: None
Level:            Information
Keywords:         Classic
User:               N/A
Computer:        
Description:
Fault bucket , type 0
Event Name: CLR20r3
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1:
P2: 1.0.0.0
P3: 4eda7d95
P4:
P5: 1.0.0.0
P6: 4eda7d95
P7: 1
P8: 16
P9: PSZQOADHX1U5ZAHBHOHGHLDGIY4QIXHX
P10:
 
Thanks in Advance.
Posted 8-Dec-11 4:31am

1 solution

Rate this: bad
good
Please Sign up or sign in to vote.

Solution 1

Try putting the code from your console app into a windows service (with approriate code for scheduling the action to be taken, of course), and turn off the scheduler altogether. That shouldn't take you more than an hour or two.
  Permalink  
v2

This content, along with any associated source code and files, is licensed under The Code Project Open License (CPOL)

  Print Answers RSS
0 OriginalGriff 420
1 CHill60 410
2 Sergey Alexandrovich Kryukov 354
3 BillWoodruff 190
4 PIEBALDconsult 160


Advertise | Privacy | Mobile
Web04 | 2.8.141015.1 | Last Updated 18 Sep 2013
Copyright © CodeProject, 1999-2014
All Rights Reserved. Terms of Service
Layout: fixed | fluid

CodeProject, 503-250 Ferrand Drive Toronto Ontario, M3C 3G8 Canada +1 416-849-8900 x 100