I've no (well for practical purposes as near to zero as one can get
) experience regarding the language CLI/C++, but I can confirm this happening when we moved from .NET 1.1 to .NET 2.0 six years ago. There were some cached
s involved and in .NET 1.1 everything worked like a charm. After the move to .NET 2.0 the relevant code parts using the
s seemed to be crawling along at snails pace. The fix was quite easy, albeit not readily found: We switched from
s and all was swift as before.
That must have been one the greatest WTF situations until then. Since that time there have been numerous occasions where new code broke or negativley affected performance. So from my standpoint it was more a Framwork thing and not the language in itself.
Cheers & have a nice weekend,