Click here to Skip to main content
11,496,146 members (337 online)
The site is currently in read-only mode for maintenance. Posting of new items will be available again shortly.
See more: WPF C#4.0 DataGrid
 
<Window x:Class="WpfApplication1.MainWindow"
        xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml/presentation"
        xmlns:x="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml"
xmlns:dg="http://schemas.microsoft.com/wpf/2008/toolkit"
         xmlns:core="clr-namespace:System;assembly=mscorlib" 
        xmlns:local="clr-namespace:WpfApplication1"
         xmlns:my="clr-namespace:Microsoft.Windows.Controls;assembly=WPFToolkit" 
        xmlns:localprimitives="clr-namespace:Microsoft.Windows.Controls.Primitives;assembly=WPFToolkit"    
        Title="MainWindow" Height="350" Width="525">
    <Window.Resources>
        <ObjectDataProvider x:Key="RecordValues" MethodName="GetValues"
                            ObjectType="{x:Type core:Enum}">
            <ObjectDataProvider.MethodParameters>
                <x:Type Type="local:RecordValues" />
            </ObjectDataProvider.MethodParameters>
        </ObjectDataProvider>
    </Window.Resources>
    <Grid>
        <dg:DataGrid AutoGenerateColumns="False" ItemsSource="{Binding}"
                  Margin="10" Name="dataGrid1">
            <dg:DataGrid.Columns>
                <dg:DataGridComboBoxColumn Header="Combo" Width="300"
                     SelectedItemBinding="{Binding Value}" 
                     ItemsSource="{Binding Source={StaticResource RecordValues}}" />
 

 
            </dg:DataGrid.Columns>
        </dg:DataGrid>
    </Grid>
 
</Window>
 
this is the error while debugging the above code:"The invocation of the constructor on type 'WpfApplication1.MainWindow' that matches the specified binding constraints threw an exception.' Line number '8' and line position '9'."

since the beginning of the project I am using xmlns:dg="http://schemas.microsoft.com/wpf/2008/toolkit" . so I can't remove this namespace and opt for DataGrid instead of dg:DataGrid. I know that the problem relies on the usage of the abobe namespace. anybody can help to resolve the issues at the same time retaining dg:

thanks in advance

Iqbal
Posted 14-Feb-12 5:21am

1 solution

in my case i had working the view in separate project and i got same error so all i did just copy the app.config to the view project and its ruing fine after that
  Permalink  

This content, along with any associated source code and files, is licensed under The Code Project Open License (CPOL)

  Print Answers RSS
0 Sergey Alexandrovich Kryukov 10,401
1 OriginalGriff 8,910
2 Sascha Lefèvre 3,899
3 Maciej Los 3,422
4 Richard Deeming 2,600


Advertise | Privacy | Mobile
Web03 | 2.8.150520.1 | Last Updated 23 Feb 2013
Copyright © CodeProject, 1999-2015
All Rights Reserved. Terms of Service
Layout: fixed | fluid

CodeProject, 503-250 Ferrand Drive Toronto Ontario, M3C 3G8 Canada +1 416-849-8900 x 100