I get the above error when i run a website in vs 2010..
I have already tried the available solutions:
1)Configure the website in IIS
2) Looking for the web.configs (not needed) and removing them.
3)moving the web.config from subfolder to the main.
But all this did not work for me..
Please guide me.. Is there any additional setting to be done.
As I m facing this issue for the first time.
If you get this error, it means what it says. You have a web.config file in a subfolder of your site. It has the allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' value, but in IIS you do not have a separate application defined at this level. This is an error. Remove this value from your web.config at the level that's getting the error, or define this level as it's own application.
Web.Config file of
Root folder and
I think ur application folders in folders try to open exact folder of ur application in the sub folders
Edited 26-Jul-12 21:08pm
Please fallow the Steps :
1. Bulid a deployment packege. Default (Obj\Debug\PackegeTmp\)
2. Paste the folder Under InetPut > Wwwroot> your folder
3. Now Open IIS 7 and browse to that folder
4. Convert that folder to an Application via Convert to Application Option.
5. On Directory browsing
6. Now browse that virtual directory as u want and try open any page
revert me its work or not
This content, along with any associated source code and files, is licensed under The Code Project Open License (CPOL)