I have an user control acsx file as part of the Smart WebPart. It is already in production. I was given the task to add a entry in a dropdown in the acsx file. I did not modify the .cs file. I just modified the ascx file using notepad and added a new entry in the dropdown. I then overwrote the ascx file in the inetpub and the control templates folder where it was already present (old version) and I thought it would work and get published. It works if I open the sharepoint site on the server and it shows me the added dropdown entry. I checked in and published the web part too, but when I or others open outside the server, they/me do not see the entry. But , I see the new entry in the dropdown in the server when I open the same site in the server. That is what makes it confusing.