Click here to Skip to main content
Rate this: bad
good
Please Sign up or sign in to vote.
See more: VB9.0
How would I change this C# code to VB.Net
public static List<YouTubeInfo> LoadVideosKey(string keyWord)
        {
            try
            {
                var xraw = XElement.Load(string.Format(SEARCH,keyWord));
                var xroot = XElement.Parse(xraw.ToString());
                var links = (from item in xroot.Element("channel").Descendants("item")
                             select new YouTubeInfo
                             {
                                 LinkUrl = item.Element("link").Value,
                                 EmbedUrl = GetEmbedUrlFromLink(item.Element("link").Value),
                                 ThumbNailUrl = GetThumbNailUrlFromLink(item),
                             }).Take(20);
 
                return links.ToList<YouTubeInfo>();
            }
            catch (Exception e)
            {
                Trace.WriteLine(e.Message, "ERROR");
            }
            return null;
        }
 
I have used 4 different code converters plus mine and I still get the same thing back... Here is the code from mine...
Public Shared Function LoadVideosKey(keyWord As String) As List(Of YouTubeInfo)
    Try
      Dim xraw As Object = XElement.Load(String.Format(SEARCH, keyWord))
      Dim xroot As Object = XElement.Parse(xraw.ToString())
      Dim links As Object = (From item In xroot.Element("channel").Descendants("item")New YouTubeInfo() With { _
        Key .LinkUrl = item.Element("link").Value, _
        Key .EmbedUrl = GetEmbedUrlFromLink(item.Element("link").Value), _
        Key .ThumbNailUrl = GetThumbNailUrlFromLink(item) _
      }).Take(20)
 
      Return links.ToList(Of YouTubeInfo)()
    Catch e As Exception
      Trace.WriteLine(e.Message, "ERROR")
    End Try
 
    Return Nothing
  End Function
 
This is code from Sasha's YouTube Viewer which was coded in WPF. I am changing this over to a WinForms app and this is the only piece of code that I cant get to work.
 
I know that the word "Key" is not suppose to be in there after conversion, still does not work after removal. The main area of code that I am having the problem with is the ( "Dim links As Object = ......." )
 
Thanks for the help in advance...
Posted 5-Sep-12 7:09am
rspercy6526.3K
Rate this: bad
good
Please Sign up or sign in to vote.

Solution 2

Dim links As Object = (From item In xroot.Element("channel").Descendants("item")
       Select New YouTubeInfo() With { _
       .LinkUrl = item.Element("link").Value, _
       .EmbedUrl = GetEmbedUrlFromLink(item.Element("link").Value), _
       .ThumbNailUrl = GetThumbNailUrlFromLink(item) _
     }).Take(20)
  Permalink  
Comments
rspercy65 at 5-Sep-12 12:41pm
   
Thank you very much...I was missing the "Select" statement.
Kuthuparakkal at 5-Sep-12 12:44pm
   
yes, that was the simple issue.
Rate this: bad
good
Please Sign up or sign in to vote.

Solution 3

You can just use this webiste for conversions if you are not wanting to do it by hand.
 
http://www.developerfusion.com/tools/convert/csharp-to-vb/[^]
  Permalink  
Comments
rspercy65 at 5-Sep-12 20:44pm
   
I used my converter to covert the code(Mash-Up Code Converter) here on CP. I will be changing a few things in my converter now and re-posting it.
Rate this: bad
good
Please Sign up or sign in to vote.

Solution 1

Public Shared Function LoadVideosKey(keyWord As String) As List(Of YouTubeInfo)
    Try
        Dim xraw = XElement.Load(String.Format(SEARCH, keyWord))
        Dim xroot = XElement.Parse(xraw.ToString())
        Dim links = (From item In xroot.Element("channel").Descendants("item")New YouTubeInfo() With { _
            Key .LinkUrl = item.Element("link").Value, _
            Key .EmbedUrl = GetEmbedUrlFromLink(item.Element("link").Value), _
            Key .ThumbNailUrl = GetThumbNailUrlFromLink(item) _
        }).Take(20)
 
        Return links.ToList(Of YouTubeInfo)()
    Catch e As Exception
        Trace.WriteLine(e.Message, "ERROR")
    End Try
    Return Nothing
End Function
  Permalink  
Comments
rspercy65 at 5-Sep-12 12:31pm
   
That is basically the same code I have posted...It does not work...The word "Key" does not go before .LinkUrl, or .EmbedUrl or .ThumbnailUrl
Kuthuparakkal at 5-Sep-12 12:35pm
   
Plz look at my soln...

This content, along with any associated source code and files, is licensed under The Code Project Open License (CPOL)

  Print Answers RSS
0 OriginalGriff 6,569
1 Sergey Alexandrovich Kryukov 6,168
2 DamithSL 5,228
3 Manas Bhardwaj 4,717
4 Maciej Los 4,150


Advertise | Privacy | Mobile
Web01 | 2.8.1411022.1 | Last Updated 5 Sep 2012
Copyright © CodeProject, 1999-2014
All Rights Reserved. Terms of Service
Layout: fixed | fluid

CodeProject, 503-250 Ferrand Drive Toronto Ontario, M3C 3G8 Canada +1 416-849-8900 x 100