Click here to Skip to main content
Rate this: bad
good
Please Sign up or sign in to vote.
See more: IIS6
Hello,
 
I have created a website in IIS 6 web server in Windows server 2003-SP2,using Dot Net Framework v1. My website consist of HTML pages. Its not developed in Visual studio.
 
When I am browsing the website from IIS,it is taking too much time for loading and after that "Website found,waiting for Reply " is coming on the tab and then "web page can not displayed" is coming.
 
When I checked the Event Log, in System, a 'warning' is coming and in that - " A process serving application pool 'DefaultAppPool' exceeded time limits during start up. The process id was '2716' " , is coming.This process Id is changing every time I browse.
The Event ID is 1012 , Source : W3SVC
 
I have changed the setting in the Default application pool, health ,performance and others. Restored the IIS , re- installed the IIS.
 
Done everything present on net. But dint find any solution.
 
Any help will be deeply appreciated.
 
Thanks.
Posted 18-Sep-12 1:51am
Edited 18-Sep-12 3:45am
v3
Rate this: bad
good
Please Sign up or sign in to vote.

Solution 1

  Permalink  
Comments
Naveen_143 at 18-Sep-12 8:56am
   
hi,
That article is about event Id : 1013, time limit during 'shut down'.
Can you give the link for the article for event id :1012 and time limit during 'start up'.
 
Thanks.
Naveen_143 at 18-Sep-12 9:18am
   
and I have already tried by changing the time limits for startup in health tab of application pool
Rate this: bad
good
Please Sign up or sign in to vote.

Solution 2

Previously I changed the time limits in the health tab of the Application pool popup. But when I change those time limits and close the app pool and restart the IIS,previous values are coming automatically(overriding the values which I changed).
I found that a bit later and made sure that the values which I am changing are persitsing after restating the IIS. After that website got opened normally.
 
And one more issue was Virus attak. I Installed new anti-virus and scanned the system,which removed some potential viruses from the system. There after website worked properly.
  Permalink  

This content, along with any associated source code and files, is licensed under The Code Project Open License (CPOL)

  Print Answers RSS
0 DamithSL 315
1 Zoltán Zörgő 170
2 OriginalGriff 150
3 Sergey Alexandrovich Kryukov 120
4 Maciej Los 115
0 OriginalGriff 7,760
1 DamithSL 5,874
2 Sergey Alexandrovich Kryukov 5,444
3 Maciej Los 5,076
4 Kornfeld Eliyahu Peter 4,539


Advertise | Privacy | Mobile
Web03 | 2.8.141223.1 | Last Updated 2 Nov 2012
Copyright © CodeProject, 1999-2014
All Rights Reserved. Terms of Service
Layout: fixed | fluid

CodeProject, 503-250 Ferrand Drive Toronto Ontario, M3C 3G8 Canada +1 416-849-8900 x 100