Click here to Skip to main content
Rate this: bad
good
Please Sign up or sign in to vote.
See more: Visual-Studio Remote Remoting , +
I am working from home today and just figured out that my application is not even making requests to localhost (found by breakpoints). This just happened as of this morning, and I can assure you it was working on site.
 
I have two projects in one solution. I have a web project and a wpf application that requests from a web service (the web project). I launch the web project by clicking the run in browser play button. I can check int eh browser and see that it is running and responding.
 
The wpf application has an address of http://localhost/foo to make requests to. On site , this works just fine. Now that I'm working from home the requests are failing. I put a break point in the web project so I know that the requests are not actually getting to the server.
 
I tried googling a few questions but Iget answers on how to use rdp, or how to connect to visual studio stuff remotely. I'm not asking properly to get responses specific to this, so that explains my post
Posted 19-Sep-12 4:56am
loctrice26.4K
Comments
Andrei Straut at 19-Sep-12 10:31am
   
Wait, let me sure I understand you correctly. You brought your solution at home, installed it on your home computer and run it from there, or are you simply connecting to your work computer using RDP and work via RDP?
 
If it's the first one, I can give you the dumb idea (which you may have tried already): did you check how localhost is mapped in both your hosts file, work and home?
 
If it's the second, no idea, other than it may be related to the moon phase bug
loctrice at 19-Sep-12 12:28pm
   
Yeah, not sure what happened. It worked itself out , but not before making me come in the office on my work from home day. Half hour drive too :doh:

1 solution

Rate this: bad
good
Please Sign up or sign in to vote.

Solution 1

this was , as the comment suggested, a moon phase bug. Something quirky.
 
I have a witness to ensure that I was not imagining it. We also connected from another computer there in the office and it worked fine. The "hail mary" that worked was to start the application, then go back home and remote connect again. That solved it, connecting when it was running properly.
  Permalink  
Comments
Andrei Straut at 19-Sep-12 12:32pm
   
Ok, can I report you now for posting solution to your own question? :laugh:
 
'plz plz plz?'
loctrice at 19-Sep-12 12:48pm
   
I don't know what would stop you. This reminded me to accept the answer though. All I was looking for was to make sure that there was an answer for later googlers.
Andrei Straut at 19-Sep-12 12:53pm
   
It was a joke you know, but I'm glad you did upvote your own solution, for the very reason you specified.
loctrice at 19-Sep-12 13:30pm
   
Yeah, I expected it as a joke and took it that way.
Andrei Straut at 19-Sep-12 13:31pm
   
:thumbsup:

This content, along with any associated source code and files, is licensed under The Code Project Open License (CPOL)



Advertise | Privacy | Mobile
Web02 | 2.8.1411022.1 | Last Updated 19 Sep 2012
Copyright © CodeProject, 1999-2014
All Rights Reserved. Terms of Service
Layout: fixed | fluid

CodeProject, 503-250 Ferrand Drive Toronto Ontario, M3C 3G8 Canada +1 416-849-8900 x 100