] is your friend. Visit him often.
A few simple rules when posting your question.
1) Have you searched or Googled for a solution?
2) Be specific! Don't ask "I need to write a booking application". Specify exactly what it is you need help with.
3) Keep the subject brief but descriptive. eg "How do I change the dialog colour?"
4) Keep the question as concise as possible. If you have to include code, include the smallest snippet of code you can - do not dump your entire codebase.
5) Tag your question appropriately.
6) Your question may be edited or retagged by others. Anything inappropriate will be removed.
7) If you have a school or university assignment, assume that your teacher or lecturer is also reading these forums.
8) Be courteous and DON'T SHOUT. Everyone here helps because they enjoy helping others, not because it's their job.
9) Do not remove or empty a message if others have replied. Keep the thread intact and available for others to search and read.
10) Do not be abusive, offensive, inappropriate,harass anyone on the boards or post ads or spam. Doing so will get you kicked off and banned. Play nice.
I would suggest doing exactly what you are suggesting. Tie into paypal for payments. Don't maintain any customer financial information on your own site because the liability for that is too great. Let the experts at paypal and such deal with that end. I know this is another google link, but there is some really good information on integrating paypal into php systems there. php paypal