Click here to Skip to main content
Rate this: bad
good
Please Sign up or sign in to vote.
See more: ASP.NET VB.NET encoding , +
Hi.
i have a problem with a Web Service
 
Right now, i have a Web Service developed in .Net.
And my client has a System Develop in Delphi.... the problem is this.
 
when the client send me a Data with "ñ" or "´" or any special character this convert into a "??".
 
I Search in google, about encoding and i made changes in my Web.config
but problem still.
 
here are the changes that i made in my web config...
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
and this one too
  <system.web>
    <globalization enableClientBasedCulture="false" requestEncoding="utf-8" responseEncoding="utf-8" fileEncoding="utf-8"
      responseHeaderEncoding="utf-8"  enableBestFitResponseEncoding="true" culture="es-MX" uiCulture="es-MX"/>
 
and is not working.
 
all of this is in mexico
my server is Windows server 2003
Regional Settings English (installed 60001 UTF-8)
 
There's a way to fix this? or how can i know if the problem is in the client side or my side.
Thanks in advance
Posted 4-Oct-12 11:16am

1 solution

Rate this: bad
good
Please Sign up or sign in to vote.

Solution 1

Good afternoon,
after a few days, which was able to find the error.
the error was not in my web service, was in the customer's application.
check my web.config and everything perfect. when I generate test data delivery .. all tests were successful .. but when the client sent the same data, the error is displayed.
The correction was:
In the client project. changed to "ISO-XXXXX" to "UTF-8"
and problem was fixed.
Another case is the other way around .. the problem is of the two, both client. as the web service.
As a recommendation, always handle encoding: UTF-8
Greetings and Excellent afternoon
  Permalink  
Comments
Luis Fernando Forero Guzman at 3-Apr-13 10:55am
   
I'm facing the same problem, I'm a .Net user And I´m consuming a web service implemented in Delphi. May be the person who id developing the web service doesn’t know how to change the encode from "ISO-XXXXX" to "UTF-8", could you please tell me how to do this? We are using Delphi 2007
Rene Bustos at 22-Apr-13 10:56am
   
Hi Luis..
it appear that the problem isn't in your .NEt App, Just check in your Web.config the encoding
If this is Set to UTF-8, if yes, then the problem is in the client side..
You Only have to notify to the developer to check the settings in the Web service (Delphi).
if After the changes ..still have the same problem, try to changeyour settings (Web.config) to ISO, and restart your IIS.
Regards from Mexico.

This content, along with any associated source code and files, is licensed under The Code Project Open License (CPOL)

  Print Answers RSS
0 OriginalGriff 319
1 _Amy 310
2 Nirav Prabtani 263
3 Sergey Alexandrovich Kryukov 210
4 Richard MacCutchan 125
0 OriginalGriff 7,889
1 Sergey Alexandrovich Kryukov 7,006
2 Maciej Los 4,014
3 Peter Leow 3,708
4 CHill60 2,762


Advertise | Privacy | Mobile
Web04 | 2.8.140721.1 | Last Updated 10 Oct 2012
Copyright © CodeProject, 1999-2014
All Rights Reserved. Terms of Service
Layout: fixed | fluid

CodeProject, 503-250 Ferrand Drive Toronto Ontario, M3C 3G8 Canada +1 416-849-8900 x 100