I am trying to switch from Eclipse to Visual Studio to compile some of my projects more comfortably. This is not a new problem I guess.
My need is as follows:
- be able to manage all source files in a project using the Solution Explorer;
- be able to specify compilation switches, either globally but preferably per file;
- be able to launch a compilation as a normal Build, using the external compiler;
- dependencies should be handled, as well as error message output;
- jumping to the location of compilation errors in the source code would be a great plus;
- at present time, linking and building the executable is not mandated.
I know that VS supports NMAKE builds, but that does not tell me how to create and maintain makefiles for my purpose.
Suggestions are welcome.