I've just started working with C#, so I don't have much knowledge.
I'm creating a NFO viewer for information files I make.
is as following:
- A custom skin (so no default windows border) and own buttons on it;
- A richtextbox that converts and shows the .nfo file, autoscrolling and looping;
- Music on application start, button to pause the music (sound off);
- A picture as button to a website;
- Custom Icon;
- I would like to use it as a standalone executable, which runs directly and doesn't have to look for the files it needs (the music file and nfo, dll's? etc.)
For this you should use the resources functionality somehow.
at this point:
I now have an application that runs, custom skin/button, looping music (.it file),
looped autoscrolling text, users can't interact with the box: I don't want them to select etc, NO custom icon. The (.NFO) text and .it music are loaded from a default location (C:\Test\xx.nfo etc.).
It's made using Visual Studio 2010. I set it for x86, as x64 didn't even work in debug mode on my laptop. I use Windows 7 Ultimate x64.
I guess my application won't work on XP because I use/refer to .NET 4, but I want it to run at least on the W7 variants.
at this time:
1) It seems I'm one of the few that are able to run this application.
It succeeded on W7 64 bits .NET 4.0, W7 32 bits .NET?, W8 64 bits .NET 4.5.
I'm trying to find the cause of the error or not being able to run at all.
When I export the files and try to run them on other Pc's, nothing happens or I get an error that .NET 4 isn't on the Pc. But when I install .NET 4, it keeps silent like the rest.
Can anyone support me with this? If you need the project, sourcecode, any files, just let me know!
2) I want to merge the files my application needs in the project itself.
I've read a lot about using Resources, but couldn't get it to work at all.
Most of the time it's because there's no referrence for different things in the code, which you have when you miss the 'using xxxx' that's needed.
If anyone has experience with using resources and calling them within the project, help me out.
If some people want to reserve some time to help me out, instead of different people with 1 idea... Then I can build on the ideas from 1, that knows what has been tried already and how my application works.
Hope to get some help, waiting for responses and thanks for those who try!