I'm developing a web site with my Windows 7 computer, I've installed EasyPHP (a php server with mysql... like xampp).
The problem I'm having here is that there are plenty of files involved in the site and Windows is not case sensitive so if for any reason I've made any mistake in the name case windows loads it without problem and I don't notice that problem.
When I upload the site to the linux production server then I'm facing the problem that all the links that point to an incorrect case file point to the 404 page...
Is there any way to configure EasyPHP or windows to become case sensitive? I can't change the behavior of the remote server...
I've been looking at the Internet for a while looking for an answer to my question and it seems that it is not possible, but anyway, I've tought on asking it here and cross fingers... I would like to avoid to put a linux virtual machine only to develop the web site.
So in order to summarize:
1) the production server is linux.
2) the working computer is windows.
3) windows handles files as non case sensitive. Linux does it as case sensitive.
4) when I port my local web to the production server I got problems due to the case sensitive linux way to work.
5) I would like to know if I can configure the working computer to react like linux in that case sensitive issue to avoid the need of a virtual machine.