A Visual Guide to Layout Managers
]@ the Java Tutorials
Please be aware that you can combine the layouts. Each Area (probably JPanel) can have it's own layout:
Panel 1: Borderlayout
- North: GridbagLayout all "Text"
- West: "Textarea1"
- East: "Textarea1" (should probably be "Textarea2")
- center: Gridlayout or BoxLayout with Buttons
Panel 2: Gridlayout with specified column width
Some additional advice:
- build the layout step by step. use a "playground" project if you already have some code behind the GUI.
- Use background colors while creating the layout. You won't see the size of the panels otherwise.
- Not all Panels have to be in a single class. Especially static content is screaming for an own, fixed class.