This is a solution more for CHill60 who I don't want to frustrate, rather than for OP, but I'm sure my answer will be pretty useful for nearly everyone, especially for those using VB6.
How to mount a dead horse?
Even though its seems that, if a horse is dead, using some other, more suitable horse would be the best strategy, a lot of people in such situation use alternative strategy for many years, when it comes to using some software products.
Here are those strategies used by people to mount a dead horse:
- To buy a bigger whip and whip harder.
- To hire an expert who can help in the dead horse study.
- To exchange opinions with other riders who had similar experience.
- To improve horse grooming.
- To take a training course "Mastering Horse in Ten Days".
- To convince yourself in the importance of mastering the horse in modern society.
- To convince yourself that a horse is not dead but is currently sleeping.
- To buy a book on horse speed optimization.
- If all of the above did not work: to declare that the dead horse is "more comfortable".
If someone thinks that this answer is less than perfect, I will gladly agree. It's just so happened that the I saw this anecdote at the moment when I still remembered this questions and comments. In fact, the analogy is pretty pure: in reality, we are discussing the horse which was born dead and people who failed to notice it.
[EDIT] See also: second comment to this question: Declarition Expected Errors
] by Christian Graus