I have a word document in Word 2010 format and I need to read and set the value of some content controls such as text boxes, checkboxes, combo boxes and date boxes from a .NET application written in VB.NET. I can manage this task by VBA or 'Office Automation' but I would like to do the job by using OpenXML SDK 2.0.
Unfortunately, I have not been able to find any working example of this rather common and basic issue and certainly not written in VB.NET. Could you, please give me a hint about where to find code-exemple for the tasks below:
1) Open an existing word-document
2) Identify an existing content control by its tag and get a reference to it
3) Read the value of this content control, i.e. get the 'checked' state if it is a checkbox, get the 'text' or 'value' of it if it is a textbox, get the 'selected' item or at least the 'text' property of it if it is a combo box and so on ...
4) Set the value of this content control, i.es set the 'checked' state of it ...
5) Save and close the document
Thanks in advance