Well, here is a tip and great example.
1. Add a report form (report1.rdlc) to your project and design accordingly
2. Create a parameter from the ReportData tab (its on the left side of the screen close to the toolbox)
3. Add a reportViewer from the toolbox to your form that will display the report.
4. Dock it to make it cover the whole area of the form.
5. Add a datasource to your project (i.e. connect to database from vb)
go here http://www.sourcecodester.com/visual-basic-net/load-rdlc-report-using-report-viewer-programmatically.html
] for the code.