Click here to Skip to main content
11,489,693 members (70,947 online)
Rate this: bad
Please Sign up or sign in to vote.
See more: ASP
I have a ASP page.I am fetching data from database.In the database the character are all Russian.But when I fetch that data to show in the webpage it render as '?' marks.

oCommBM.Parameters.Append oCommBM.CreateParameter("@menu", adVarChar, adParamOutput,2000, "0")

I am passing the parameter like that.If instead of adVarChar I used aVarWCahr then it's showing the Russian character but the below contained not render properly.

I checked by execute store procedure from database.There it's showing fine. Also I add below 2 lines in the asp page.

Response.codePage = 65001
Response.Charset = "UTF-8"

I changed every possible encoding type from asp page code as well as from Notepad++ encoding type.

Any suggestion is greatly appreciated.Thanks in advance.
Posted 9-Jul-13 21:43pm

1 solution

Rate this: bad
Please Sign up or sign in to vote.

Solution 1

Refer to this link it might be helpful to some extent in this regard.

Globalization and localization demystified in ASP.NET 2.0[^]

Go Global: Designing Your ASP-based Web Site to Support Globalization[^]

Regards.. Laugh | :laugh:
IpsitaMishra at 10-Jul-13 3:25am
Thanks for your answer but I am using classic asp here not the
Rohan Leuva at 10-Jul-13 3:32am
Refer to updated answer.

This content, along with any associated source code and files, is licensed under The Code Project Open License (CPOL)

  Print Answers RSS
0 Sergey Alexandrovich Kryukov 535
1 OriginalGriff 223
2 Andy Lanng 193
3 Maciej Los 190
4 _duDE_ 141
0 Sergey Alexandrovich Kryukov 9,488
1 OriginalGriff 8,425
2 Sascha Lefèvre 3,344
3 Maciej Los 3,066
4 Richard Deeming 2,370

Advertise | Privacy | Mobile
Web03 | 2.8.150520.1 | Last Updated 10 Jul 2013
Copyright © CodeProject, 1999-2015
All Rights Reserved. Terms of Service
Layout: fixed | fluid

CodeProject, 503-250 Ferrand Drive Toronto Ontario, M3C 3G8 Canada +1 416-849-8900 x 100