I want to restore my Database backup file in a new created database For Example I have a db_test.bak bak file and want to restore to test_db database. please help me.
I want to restore back up through sql server 2005 query and c# .net
please help me its Urgent
I try this query
RESTORE DATABASE test
FROM DISK = 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Backup\db_Test.bak'
WITH MOVE 'db_Test' TO 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Data\test.mdf',
MOVE 'db_Test_Log' TO 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Data\test.ldf'
but it is not helpfull to me.
I want sql query.
Er.Hem Rah Thakur
thanks in advance.
Edited 30-Sep-13 17:02pm
you can do this through GUI wazard.
1. Open SQL server Application.
2. Go to Object Explorer tab.
3. rt click on Database.
4. Select 'Restore files and file groups'.
5. Provide a name for new database.
6. select the radio button 'from device'.
7. locate the path of your bakup file by click on Add button in the new window.
8. select a restore source in below check box.
This content, along with any associated source code and files, is licensed under The Code Project Open License (CPOL)