Click here to Skip to main content
11,921,889 members (58,031 online)
Rate this:
Please Sign up or sign in to vote.
See more: IIS7 C++ IIS
Hello All,

I am trying to retrieve the value of the LogInUTF8 metabase property under /LM/W3SVC via VC++ code as follows:

MDRecord1.dwMDIdentifier = MD_GLOBAL_LOG_IN_UTF_8;
MDRecord1.dwMDDataType = DWORD_METADATA;
MDRecord1.pbMDData = (UCHAR*)&bLogInUTF8;
MDRecord1.dwMDDataLen = sizeof(bLogInUTF8);
hRes = pIABase->GetData(hMetaHandle, L"/", &MDRecord1, &dwDataLen);

After the GetData function is executed the value of bLogInUTF8 is always true, irrespective of whether the encoding is UTF-8 or ASCII. I tried viewing the value via metabase explorer also: it shows 0. But I am not getting any idea as why the getdata is returning true(1) for the LogInUTF8 metabase property. I did not face any issue with other properties. Please help me, I am stuck.

Thanks in advance.
Posted 22-Apr-10 19:17pm
Edited 22-Apr-10 23:21pm

This content, along with any associated source code and files, is licensed under The Code Project Open License (CPOL)

  Print Answers RSS
0 OriginalGriff 568
1 Dave Kreskowiak 285
2 Sergey Alexandrovich Kryukov 173
3 Richard MacCutchan 155
4 ppolymorphe 135
0 OriginalGriff 7,036
1 KrunalRohit 4,530
2 Sergey Alexandrovich Kryukov 3,286
3 George Jonsson 2,840
4 Suvendu Shekhar Giri 2,216

Advertise | Privacy | Mobile
Web01 | 2.8.151120.1 | Last Updated 23 Apr 2010
Copyright © CodeProject, 1999-2015
All Rights Reserved. Terms of Service
Layout: fixed | fluid

CodeProject, 503-250 Ferrand Drive Toronto Ontario, M3C 3G8 Canada +1 416-849-8900 x 100