Executables will have an .apk extension (apk – android package)
We have to change the following settings for installing .apk files from your computer. On your device:
- Click Menu -> Settings -> Applications -> Unknown sources. If it is not checked, check it
- Menu -> Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging. Check this box
- Connect the USB cable.
- Notifications (the drop down bar at the top of the home screen) -> select USB connected -> Click Mount
- Menu -> settings -> SD card and storage -> click on Disable use for USB storage and enable it
On your computer, install these if you don’t have it:
- android sdk - http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html
- USB driver - http://developer.android.com/sdk/win-usb.html
- On your command prompt navigate to the folder where u had installed the android sdk and then go to tools folder.
On my computer it was on "C: \Documents\ android-sdk-windows\tools"
- Type adb install <path><file_name>.apk. If you have the .apk file in the tools folder you can simply type adb install example.apk.
You have successfully installed the application.
I am interested in mobile development and cloud computing. I like to keep myself update on the latest technologies and trend