Developing a Java Web Project with maven support for Eclipse JavaEE IDE is a tedious task. After searching through internet I found out that its difficult as well as error prone. Finally I decided to develop my own maven archetype which after running a simple command creates a sample project in few seconds.
The project additionally supports very popular JSF library Richfaces which has excellent support for AJAX and has a very rich set of controls.
The features supported by this maven archetype project is:-
1) Java EE based Web project
2) Eclipse IDE for JavaEE (3.4 or higher)
3) Maven 2
5) JBoss and Maven2 repository for dependencies.
To develope a sample project follow these steps
1) Install Maven2 or higher
2) Modify your MAVEN_HOME\conf\settings.xml, and Add this Profile to
<name>Repository for Archetype</name>
3) Run this command from command line:-
mvn archetype:create \
** Here \ means that the command should be on same line as previous one
4) Import this new project in Eclipse JavaEE IDE, build and run
See more details on the plug-in site:-
Richfaces Maven Project Plug-in for Eclipse
Follow above link to install the plug-in.