Whenever you locate a topic on your local MSDN (pre VS2010), you may want to see where it fits in, in entire MSDN Documentation Hierarchy. For this, you can click 'Sync with Table of Contents' on toolbar (3rd or 4th small
button from right).
I did not find it flexible enough, many times I customized the toolbar to make this button big, but it reverts back. Anyhow, I need to find it an click
it. I found a shorter way - Assign a Shortcut to it!
To do this:
- Open your local MSDN.
- Click Tools -> Customize
- On Dialogbox, click on Keyboard...
- In the textbox beneath 'Show Commands Containing' type in: Help.SyncwithTableofContents
- Now, under Press shortcut keys, press your shortcut key you want to set. For example, I set Ctrl+S.
- Click Assign, then click OK. Close other dialog box also.
- Voila! You are done, just press your favorite key, and get in Sync!
Started programming with GwBasic back in 1996 (Those lovely days!). Found the hidden talent!
Touched COBOL and Quick Basic for a while.
Finally learned C and C++ entirely on my own, and fell in love with C++, still in love! Began with Turbo C 2.0/3.0, then to VC6 for 4 years! Finally on VC2008/2010.
I enjoy programming, mostly the system programming, but the UI is always on top of MFC! Quite experienced on other environments and platforms, but I prefer Visual C++. Zeal to learn, and to share!