A couple of months ago, I worked on the project for Windows Phone 7
. This project is an application for guitar players and it allows to view guitar tabs
in guitar pro
(.gp3, .gp4, .gp5) and text formats. However, I have no time to finish it and have no opportunity to add it to marketplace
. So I’ve decided to make it an open source
Briefly speaking, this project consists of the following parts:
- Guitar tab search&download engine: uses web services of ultimate-guitar.com site for direct searching and downloading.
- Guitar Pro parser: can open gp3, gp4, gp5 files (Guitar Pro)
- Guitar Pro viewer: can show tablature from guitar pro files using custom viewer (features of Silverlight are used)
- Text tab viewer: can show tablature in text based formats
The following tools and technologies are used here:
- Development approach: Silverlight
- MVVM framework: Microsoft Prism
- Special controls: LazyListBox, LongListSelector
Currently, there are some issues and improvements that should be fixed before it is published:
- Improve guitar tab viewer and parser
- Add authenticate engine for guitar-ultimate.com (token is required for downloads)
- Fix issues with tombstoning and back button press
The screenshots are located here.
Feel free to participate!
I've made various refactoring, moved GuitarPro functionality into separate branch, and added it to marketplace
as free application. So the trick describes old version of the application which you can download from branch and improve (guitar pro parser and viewer mostly)