Bing Map with Geocoder and Weather forecast
] web application  extends the functionality of previously discussed online Geocoder and Bing map  by adding 7-days weather forecast modules (works fine for any ZIP-code/location in the USA).
Geographic coordinates provide the unified way to identify any place on Earth. City streets could change their names and numbers, but the universal coordinate system, free of daily vanities and challenges of time, presents perpetual time-invariant values on a planetary level. Geographic coordinates system in general includes longitude, latitude and elevation (height), but the most used are the first and the second ones, namely longitude/latitude. They could be presented either in degrees:minutes:seconds (so-called DMS) format or decimal degrees (DD) format used in this application. Geographic coordinates could be obtained via global positioning system (GPS) devices, but this technique requires the physical presence at the point of interest. As an alternative, the geocoding software applications (or simply geocoder, or geo-locator) could be used to convert the postal addresses to the corresponding longitude/latitude pairs.
Microsoft Bing Map
Geocoder web application  has been extended with interactive Map powered by Microsoft Bing™ technology, allowing different views, panorama and zooming; it is available online totally free at  serving both practical and didactic purposes (no registration is needed).
7-days Weather Forecast
Weather forecast module further extends the functionality of the web application, providing 7-days weather forecast built on the NOAA Weather Service using Web Service/SOAP technology . Results are shown in both Fahrenheit and Celsius (Centigrade) scales.
The usage is rather straightforward and intuitive as described below:
- Open web browser and navigate it to: Geocoder with Map/Weather[^]
- Enter the postal address or just a ZIP (postal) code into the search box and click on the "Find" screen button
- Upon the completion of screen reload, which could take up to several seconds, you should see the longitude/latitude and 7-days weather forecast for the point of interest and the corresponding Bing map. At this point, you could select the view modes (road, aerial or bird’s eyes), adjust zoom level (from 1 to 19) and perform the panoramic function
The same as , this web application implements multi-lingual capabilities, accepting search queries in many foreign languages: Spanish, German, Italian, French, Russian, Greek, etc. More reading on these topics are available at [4,5,6]
- Online Geocoder with Bing Map and Weather forecast[^]
- Online Geocoder with interactive Map, Code Project tips[^]
- Online Geocoder with Bing Map[^]
- How to use online geocoders and interactive maps[^]
- Interactive Map with 7-days forecast and Geocoder[^]
- National Weather Service, NOAA USA[^]
New York City, map and weather forecast