I was trying to set up one of my solution in IIS 7, Window 7 & was ended up with the below issue.
Microsoft Visual Studio
Unable to open the Web site ‘http://localhost/’. To access local IIS Web sites, you must install the following IIS components:
- IIS 6 Metabase and IIS 6 Configuration Compatibility
In addition, you must run Visual Studio in the context of an administrator account.
For more information, press F1.
To fix this issue I had to run through the below steps
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- Click Programs and Features.
- Click Turn Windows features on or off.
- In the dialog box, expand Internet Information Services.
- Expand Web Management Tools, and then expand IIS 6 Management Compatibility.
- Click to select the IIS Metabase and IIS 6 configuration compatibility check box, and then click OK.
Happy Kooding… Hope this helps!