While working with Microsoft Access Database connectivity with ADO.NET, you might have received this error:
- The 'Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0' provider is not registered on the local machine
- The 'Microsoft.Jet.oledb.4.0' provider is not registered on the local machine
I got this error when I was connecting ADO.NET with Access 2010 database from Visual Studio 2010 C#.
You need to change the Solution Platform from "Any CPU" to "x86". The steps are given below:
- Right click on the Solution File in Solution Explorer:
- Click on the Configuration Manager.
- Click on the Active Platform Drop down, if x86 is already there then select that, else click on New.
- Select x86 from the new platform dropdown:
- Compile and run your application.
If you are still facing the issue, then try installing Office System Driver.