- I created a solution with CutomList and ListInstance in Visual Studio
- Added a connection to that list in my infopath form
- Converted the connection to a 'Connection File'
Now when i redeployed my solution, my info path generated this error:
A SharePoint list that contains data required for this form to function correctly cannot be found.
Turns out SP assigns a new GUID for the published ListInstance for each deployment, so now the GUID in the connection file points to an invalid instance.
- Get the GUID of your published ListInstance
- Go to the document library where you stored your connection files.
- Download the connection file
- Edit using notepad, update the <udc:ListId> part with the GUID from step 1
- Delete the old connection file, upload the updated one.
Enthusiastic programmer/researcher, passionate to learn new technologies, interested in problem solving, data structures, algorithms, AI, machine learning and nlp.
Amateur guitarist/ keyboardist, squash player.
If you have a question\suggestion about one of my articles, or you want an algorithm implemented in C#, feel free to contact me.