Almost of the systems created will have a function to login to manage all of its data, it called with a namely is Login function. So, Microsoft created a component as a template to do this work to save your time when building a new system.
You want to work with this function, then firstly you need to know how to integrate it into your SQL database.
- Step 1: Do the easily work to create the new database in SQL server.
- Step 2: Once your database has been created, then you will do the work to integrate the membership in to its.
- Step 3: Open the .NET Framework folder putted inside window folder as the path: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319 (depends on your .NET framework version then your path will different), then run the application namely aspnet_regsql.exe.
- Step 4: It will show an ASP.NET SQL Server Setup Wizard dialog. Click the Next button to go to the next step.
- Step 5: Choose Configure SQL Server for application services if you want to apply this function to the new database. Otherwise, choose Remove application services information from an existing database if you want to remove this function from a database which is implementing it. In this guide I will chose option 1 is implementing it to the new one database.
Select option 1 and clicking to Next button, it will show a dialog as in step 6.
- Step 6: You need to put the information of your server and then choosing the database that you want to implement this function.
Once you selected the database, then clicking to Next button. Click Next button one more time to confirm you exactly want to implement this function into selected database. Waiting some seconds before the work is done. Click Finish button to complete your work.
- Step 7: Open your SQL server to check the result. If your work is successfully then your db will has some tables as the screenshot.
Hope that helps.