This tip lists how to schedule auto backup in SQL 2012.
- Open SSMS and connect to SQL Authentication.
- Open Management Tab, then Maintenance plan, new maintenance plan.
- Create new maintenance plan, then give name to it.
- New maintenance plan has been created like this:
- Open the Tool box, select Backup database task.
- After create Backup database task, doubleclick the box backup database task.
- Backup types on the window like this:
- Next is Database selection all DBs or Single DB.
- Choose the Backup type disk or tape, then Designation.
- Select the backup format like bak, etc…
- Verify backup Integrity to user defined mode.
- After completing all steps. Go to toolbox, select the Cleanup box.
- So double click the maintenance cleanup task.
- Choose new for the new connection as same as SQL authentication.
- Type the backup type, then backup expire date then OK ,that's all.